Mercy Corps is an international NGO that works and saves lives in world's toughest places. It seeks to recruit Finance and Compliance Officer under a USAID grant.
Essential Job Functions of the Successful Candidate:
* Support financial management in line with USAID regulation and other relevant donors
* Support grant management procedures
* Support sub-grant management system
* Assist with month end balance sheet account reconciliations
* Make sure that all supporting documentation under the grant is adequate and filed according to MC procedures and donor
* Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission
* Other duties as assigned,
Knowledge and Experience:
* Two or more years of financial accounting experience
* A degree in accounting is mandatory
* MBA or MSe (Accounting), ACCA, ACA will be an added advantage
* Strong knowledge of USA ID regulation is essential
* Grant management experience in USAID funded project, international NGO or local NGO
* Experience in working in the Northern region of Nigeria is required
* Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
* Familiarity with computerized financial management system
* Strong organizational skills as well as attention to detail
* Excellent oral and written English skills
A clear understanding of finance and procurement ethics as well as thc willingness and ability to enforce compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures is essential.
Send one-page cover letter and CV (MS Word) to email@example.com or before two (2) from the date of publication.