African Development Bank Group (AfDB) - Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 - 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50050489, 50076451, 50000456, 50076452, 50058426
- The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, information technology, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity and, health and safety strategies.
The Hiring Department/Division
- The role of the Human Resources Management department is to develop and execute a People Strategy, Policies, processes and practices which will enable the Bank to achieve its strategic Agenda. Core to the Human Resources Strategy will be the attraction, development, engagement, motivation and retention of a best-in-class workforce.
- In order to create a truly transformed human resources work-way, the Human Resources Management department is structured around a triangular Model: Business Partnerships for strategy, client contracting and human resources delivery; Centers of Expertise/Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for internal consulting, thought leadership, design, talent and staff development and training and best practice benchmarking; Human Resources Shared Services for transactional excellence and employees outreach. This new Human Resources Model will deliver a world-class employee life-cycle experience.
- The Regional/Complex Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) acts as trusted advisor and strategic business partner to enable the Director General/Complex Vice President deliver effectively against their business strategies. As a Business Partner, works directly with Regional/Complex Leadership teams to translate the Bank’s People Strategy into tactical and operational human resources programs as guided by Corporate Human Resources.
- In a matrix organization, the Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for the delivery and execution of all HR functions in the region/complex. S/he works closely with the corporate Human Resources Expertise teams to create workforce effectiveness strategies, ensures Human Resources alignment of Human Resources solutions and services to help clients achieve their business goals and objectives.
- The incumbent drives business results by using and enabling the right employee capability, organizational productivity and engagement with the intention to make use of best-practices and synergies.
- The position holder leads and facilitates the development of culture and key capabilities for the organization and is responsible for securing and maintaining a productive, diverse and engaged workforce, comprised of the best in class talent.
Duties and Responsibilities
The regional/complex HRBP shall exhibit these two (2) competencies: Business Acumen and Internal Consulting. Under the functional supervision of the Director of the Human Resources Management department and direct supervision of Director General/Complex Vice President, the incumbent’s main responsibilities include the following:
- Develop and execute the Human Resources work-plans for the region/complex in alignment with the region’s business strategy.
- Identify and analyze client complex/region strategic challenges, objectives and potential roadblocks related specifically to human capital within the region/complex. Translate the found key business challenges into Human Resources demands.
- Be a trusted advisor as well as an escalation and decision body for the human resources and business related issues within respective area of responsibility.
- Drive, oversee and ensure the effective implementation of Human Resources strategies, processes, policies, systems that contribute to the overall success of the business.
- Ensure alignment and implementation of best practice core Human Resources processes across the region within areas such as e.g. recruitment, training and development.
- Ensure program success (Budgets, schedule, quality, and business value).
- Ensure program goals and deliverables are clearly communicated to the business and the project teams.
- Provide coaching and feedback on how to improve individual and organizational performance to meet strategic objectives.
- Analyze talent and business metrics related to client organizational unit and hypothesize possible causes and potential solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Provide counsel to management on resource and headcount planning.
- Carry out other related duties as assigned by supervisors.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least a Master's degree or its equivalent in Business Administration or in Human Resources/Organization Design. Professional qualification in Human Resources Management will be an added value.
- Have a minimum of six (6) (for PL4 grade level) position and seven (7) years (for PL3 grade level) Functional Human Resources experience in three (3) or more different areas of human resources (e.g. Recruiting and staffing, Talent Management, Compensation & Benefits, Employee Relations, Human Resources compliance, Organizational Design, Learning and Development, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS.) and payroll). Business experience outside of Human Resources is an added advantage.
- Provides sound advice to leaders based on an understanding of the business, business strategy, and customers, i.e. demonstrates the ability to conduct an in-depth dialogue about key business strategies and drivers (e.g., financial, products, competition). Applies an understanding of business strategy to tailor Human Resources products and services to add value to the business. Demonstrates proven history of using knowledge of business to impact a large functional area or group (i.e. knows and develops our business). Accurate identifies the HR implications of business strategies.
- Having private sector experience will be an added advantage.
- Helps customers solve business problems through diagnostic thinking, effective questions and creative thinking. Manages expectations and builds strong collaborative win-win relationships with partners to deliver on key goals, i.e. builds consensus among key line leaders for change and performance-improvement initiatives. Coaches team members to utilize effective consultative tools and methods. Assures that client expectations are met by team members, by measuring results.
- Develops plans and manages appropriate resources to ensure the completion and implementation of projects or programs on time and within budget, i.e. conceptualizes and articulates meaningful outcomes and deliverables. Manages complex or competing priorities. Updates project goals and plans to meet evolving needs (i.e. appropriate re-scoped projects). Knows when to communicate project issues and progress. Ensures that project deliverables are transitioned into day-to-day practices.
- Ability to interpret employment law implications into workplace situations and provide appropriate coaching to associates and leaders.
- Measurement & Evaluation - Knowledge of measurement and evaluations methodology and ability to design measurement and evaluation systems that monitor the impact tools, processes, or learning interventions have on people performance.
- Customer oriented, challenge complexity, be agile in changing environment and be sensible to intercultural communication.
- Communicate and write effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language; Knowledge of the official language of the Bank Host country other than French or English is an added advantage.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications; knowledge of SAP is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to African Development Bank - AfDB career website on www.afdb.org to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale