Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition and health project in Maiduguri and Borno State. PUI is now looking to recruit a qualified candidate for the position below:
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Under the Daily Management of: Base logistician deputy
Under the Overall Supervision of: Base logistician
Functional relations: Logistics officer
Supervision of : Purchaser
- The Procurement officer is responsible to process purchasing transactions for equipment, materials, supplies, capital goods, and services and reporting of procurement tools.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Receive procurement requests/purchase orders, clarify request when necessary and complete purchase order;
- Organize the procurement process;
- Ensure that the project codes and budget lines are accurate;
- Seek products that offer good value for money and negotiate the best prices;
- Follow-up on order processing to ensure timely deliveries are done;
- Do quality/quantity control for all supplies ordered and delivered;
- Ensure good relationships are established with local suppliers;
- Ensure the implementation of PUI procedures;
- Facilitate proper paper trail and filing of all procurement documents;
- Facilitate proper tracking of all supplies received and ensure related documents (delivery notes, waybills) are properly filed and copies forwarded to the Logistic Manager.
- Ensure a weekly report on the procurement follow-up up-dated
- Ensure the price list up-date on monthly base.
- Ensure the archiving of procurement files and contracts is in compliance with PUI procedures
- Prepare any kind of report requested by the Base Logistician
- Support the Logistic Manager and Officer in the organization of a safe first delivery of goods.
- Support the Logistic Manager and Officer for tasks related to the transport of goods, equipment, materials and other supplies to a second location.
- Support the Logistic Manager and Officer in the overall supervision of stocks;
- Support the Logistic Manager and Officer in a proper management of program stocks.
- Education degree: University Degree in related field.
- Language skills: Good knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Computer Skills: Good knowledge of Ms. Office package especially Ms. Word and Ms. Excel.
- Previous experience in supply chain management
- Procurement, Negotiation, Communication
- Time management
Other Required Skills:
- Honest and trustworthy
- Reliable, rigorous and well organized
- Able and willing to learn to extend his/her scope of work
- Good communication skills
- Able to manage priorities, take initiatives and work without constant supervision
- Motivated and dedicated to his/her job
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Discretion and confidentiality
go to method of application »
Location: Maiduguri with frequent travel in Borno State
Under the Direct Supervision of: Field Coordinator
- PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition and health project in Maiduguri and Borno State. PUI is now looking for Liaison Officer.
- Under the supervision and direction of the Field Coordinator, the Liaison officer will effectively implement all appropriate risk management strategies on the ground, related to the safety and security, and the protection of staff and assets in mission.
- Specifically, he/she will be responsible for the management, implementation and oversight of all field security operations in support of staff and activities.
- In addition, the Liaison officer will establish links and synergies with local and national authorities at all levels, facilitating the implementation of programs and assisting PUI staff in any matter related to that.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Collect, analyse and share all security and safety information relevant to PUI activities in Borno state.
- Under the direction of the field coordinator, conduct security/risk assessment
- Assist the Field Coordinator in the design of the security strategies
- Brief and train the staff on security procedures and security assessment
- Ensure all procedures and measures against acts of corruption are in place and assist in potential investigations related to cases of corruption.
Liaison with Administrative, Security, Humanitarian Stakeholders and Representation:
- Develop, build and maintain a network of interlocutors with all the stakeholders (security forces, UN agencies, NGOs, administration…)
- Research, prepare and follow-up on general Borno State governmental official processes (registration, statements, etc.), as necessary;
- Ensure representation of PUI among partners, donors and different authorities;
- Participate to meeting with state and/or local leaders, ensure translation when needed and submit report.
Context Analysis and Monitoring:
- Update regularly PUI Senior Management team on the Federal and Borno State context, through a weekly press review.
- At request, research and/or draft documents analising and presenting subjects linked to the PUI environment of work, whether on cultural, social, economic, political, humanitarian, etc issues.
- A University Degree in a relevant field
- At least 1 year experience in a relevant position
- Experience in an international NGO is a strong asset
- Fluent in English, Hausa, and Kanuri
- Proficient user of MS office (especially word and excel)
- Excellent knowledge of Borno State, willing to travel locally
- Excellent capacity to create and maintain a network
- Excellent impartiality and neutrality
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization
- Strong commitment to support/develop capacity of national staff and developing second layer of leadership;
- Good pedagogical skills
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities in personal workload.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit the following documents below to: email@example.com
- Updated CV,
- Letter of motivation,
- Copy of work certificates,
- Copy of relevant certificates
- Reference contacts.
- The position must be clearly indicated on the e-mail subject.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted.
- This position is open to Nigerian nationals only.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale