Factory Manager - Expatriate at a Leading Beverage Company - Adexen Recruitment Agency
Posted on: 8 September, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Adexen
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Adexen Recruitment Agency - Our client, one of the leading beverage companies with operations in several countries around the world, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Reference: 1290
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Function: Operations & Production
The Factory Manager will be responsible for a very large plant operations to maximise efficiency and material yield with set framework of quality standards at optimal manpower and material cost and meet the production volume targets at all times. Responsible for the overall plant management in terms of operations, control and organisational structure:
- Plans, organises, directs, controls, and evaluates the operations of the plant to produce the products needed by sales. Ensures that the daily volume targets are met by production.
- Prepares the production schedules to ensure optimised production cost and reduced downtime. Set daily production mix levels and agree shift arrangements with the Production Manager to meet the daily requirements of Sales.
- Plans and implements the maintenance management system of the plant that will provide high reliability of operation of the machines. Prepares plant’s overhaul schedules without affecting production requirements.
- Ensures harmony and coordination in all manufacturing activities of the plant. Maintains the operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing the project, operational, and personnel policies and procedures to all the personnel to instil discipline among employees.
- Regularly reviews the operating results of the organisation, compares them to the established objectives, and takes steps to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to correct and improve unsatisfactory results.
- Ensures the implementation of the quality assurance programs of the company which includes environmental and safety.
- Dispenses advice, guidance, direction, and authorisation to carry out major plans and procedures, consistent with established policies and top management approval.
- Develops a system that will ensure optimal and efficient use of labour and resources such as labour productivity monitoring.
- Coordinates closely with HQ-Projects on implementing new projects such as new production lines and common facilities, rehabilitation of machines, overhauling projects, and new manufacturing plants.
- Plans and manages the plant's operational budget. This includes the variable cost budget, fixed controllable cost and fixed non-controllable costs to that the ensure product's costs are kept within reasonable prices.
- Plans and implements action plans designed to achieve the sets goals for the following year as part of the plants annual manufacturing plan.
- Analyses the plant’s budget requests for approval to identify the areas in which reductions can be made, and allocates the operating budget.
- Implements and cooperates with other departments with respect to new product launches and other tests.
- Maintains the staff's job results by coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning monitoring, and evaluating the job results.
- Ensures the training of employees on the use of the equipment and machineries in the production lines.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in performing production and engineering management in a food/beverage company.
- At least 5 years experience in a beverage/bottling company preferably as Engineering Manager, Factory Manager or Project Manager.
Very attractive expatriate package.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Adexen career website on www.adexen.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AdexenSimilar Jobs
- Ongoing Recruitment at The Dangote Group
- Graphic Designer at Simba Group
- Cleaner at Nigerian Foundries Limited (NFL)
- 2018 Dufil Graduate Trainee Scheme
- UAC Technical Trainee Scheme 2018
- Driver at Erisco Foods Limited
- Jobs at Showers Kiddies Publishers Limited
- Latest Job Openings at British American Tobacco