If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The Human Resources and Administrative Officer will be based in Damaturu, Yobe state and work under the supervision of the Base Human Resources Manager. The Base HR&Admin Officer will provide overall support to the HR department which includes but not limited to;
- Oversee the recruitment process at the base including various aspects of staff training and development, administer HR-related documentation such as contracts of employment, ensuring the relevant HR database is up to date, accurate and complies with legislation.
- Management of the international staff guesthouse and all visitors and assist in the circulation of HR department communications.
- Work closely with the Resourcing Manager-Abuja to ensure that each step of the recruitment process is followed at base level according to the mission recruitment process.
- Liaise with the HR Officer in Abuja to provide all information and documentation needed to ensure the timely processing of the monthly payroll.
- Ensure staff receive proper induction and briefing with HR and the relevant departments.
- Facilitate staff trainings on HR policy and procedure as assigned.
- Manage the practical organization of trainings as requested.
- Liaise with logistics to ensure that the guesthouse is running effectively. Arrange the guesthouse or hotel rooms to accommodation all visitors as needed.
- Support in the implementation and application of the HR policy in the base and provide advice and support to employees and managers.
The successful candidate will;
- Have a minimum of bachelor’s degree in HR and Administrative related field with relevant experience. Masters degree will be an added advantage.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment.
- Be computer literate including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Possess excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently.
- Be able to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Have previous experience working for INGOs an asset, particularly health related INGOs.
- Be fluent in one or more national/regional language.
Method of Application
The deadline for this position is Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
Interested and qualified? Go to Action Against Hunger | ACF-International career website on acfinternational.applytojob.com to apply