If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Project Overview and Role
- The Palladium Group develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 counties.
- The Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Programme (MNCH2) is a country led programme which aims to reduce maternal and child mortality in Northern Nigeria and it is funded by the Department for International Development (DFID). The MNCH2 programme is being implemented in six states in northern Nigeria: Jigawa, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Yobe and Zamfara States.
In return we offer:
- A friendly and team-based working environment
- Opportunity to work with national and international colleagues
- Vital contribution to improving maternal and newborn services in Northern Nigeria
- The opportunity to truly “make a difference”
- A competitive salary with benefits
Purpose of Position
- Reporting to the National Team Leader, the Senior Manager - Finance has overall in-country financial responsibility for the project. Senior Manager - Finance (SM F) is a senior representative of Palladium and a member of the programme senior management team and as such must ensure that financial risks are actively identified and minimised; company policies, processes and procedures are made known to the programme team and adhered to and that overall, the project is compliant with DFID policies, rules and regulations, e.g. DFID SMART Rules.
- Working closely with the Senior Manager - Operations, Palladium corporate operations, the SM F ensures that internal as well as DFID financial reporting requirements of the client are adhered to. The role works closely with and manages the project team of financial professionals and other support staff within the programme and across consortium partners.
- Ensure that monthly accounts are complete and correct.
- Review and consolidate the weekly cashbooks submitted by the six states operating MNCH2 project and forward the same to Palladium Project Accounting.
- Work with the operations unit (Palladium Nigeria office) to provide any information that may be required for the monthly invoices to DFID.
- Monitor expenditures against programme budget in direct collaboration with the programme management unit (Palladium Nigeria office).
- Prepare monthly financial reports for Senior Management Team and programme management unit (Palladium Nigeria office).
- Track monthly expenditures against forecasts and work plan budget, informing Senior Management Team on substantial deviation from approved work plan.
- Work closely with the Senior Management Team on resource management, conducting necessary analyses to provide information for resources decisions.
- Manage and respond to all audits.
- Lead the costing exercise of the annual work plan based on approved funding.
- Lead the preparation of Cash Transfer Requests and ensure that appropriate balances are maintained to facilitate smooth project implementation
- Design systems, procedures and reporting necessary to maintain on current basis accurate forecasts of cash requirements for meeting future spending
- Lead the preparation of the monthly forecast information and consolidate the same for submission to the Operations Team
- Review weekly cash request from the six states operating MNCH2 project and recommend the release of the requested funds.
- The role will report directly to the Team Leader and Operations team on operational risk matters. The reporting requirements include:
- Regular update discussions with the Team Leader;
- Exception reports as and when required;
- Report on issues and risks;
- Other reports as requested by the Team Leader or Project Director.
Sub Grantee Management:
- Work with Operations and Program on sub grantee/partner pre award assessment.
- Develop training plan for sub grantees/partner on grant financial management and MNCH2 specific requirements.
- Review sub grantees books of accounts and financial documents as per the grant agreement.
- In collaboration with State Team Leaders, monitor performance and timely submission of deliverables under sub agreements.
- Approve sub grantee financial reports to be captured into MNCH2 accounting system.
- Supervise and Manage the State Finance Coordinators in the six states implementing MNCH2 project.
- Working closely with the Senior Operations Manager and NTL, ensure that MNCH2 project fully complies with Palladium laid down processes and procedures.
- A Degree in Finance related areas with professional Finance qualification ( e.g ACCA) Business or a similar field and ability to manage all aspects of financial activities and programme administration;
- 5-10 years working in a senior Finance Management role related to donor funded development projects (experience with DFID finance process is an added advantage.
- High level finance and administration management; Experience of budget development and management with an understanding of how this relates to programme workplans.
- Ability to deliver at pace keeping to deadlines and supporting staff to meet team financial management objectives;
- Staff supervision and capacity building skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skill; extensive experience managing and liaising with stakeholders;
- Advanced competence working with excel and other financial management tools /software
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment is essential, in Africa/Nigeria an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium Group career website on palladiumhr.secure.force.com to apply