State Systems Strengthening Advisor, GHSC-PSM Nigeria at Chemonics International
Posted on: 7 September, 2017
Deadline: 23 September, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Chemonics International
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Chemonics International, an international development firm based in Washington, DC., seeks professionals for USAID’s anticipated multi-year health program in Nigeria; the Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP).
Scope of Work
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the State Systems Strengthening Advisor to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program.
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Work in collaboration with the partner State Government of Nigeria stakeholders, Implementing partners on identifying the Institutional and Technical Capacity Building needs at the State Level.
- Collaborate with the Central Systems Strengthening Team to identify Human Resource Capacity Building strategies and implementation across States in Nigeria.
- Work with stakeholders at the State level to coordinate the development and implementation of cohesive human resource capacity development building strategies.
- Implement the project's capacity building strategy in line with the project's goal of policy advocacy, leadership, governance and service delivery at the State Level.
- Support the development of project technical reports as needed.
- Work closely with team members in managing relationships and maintaining routine communications with the State Government of Nigeria Stakeholders, Partners and all other related stakeholders in the public health supply chain landscape.
- Work closely with team in the implementation of the department's work plans and activities.
- Work with the State Health Systems Strengthening team to monitor and update the integrated program meetings -TWGs, Coordination meetings etc. across all Task order areas in the GHSC-PSM project at the State Level.
- Ensure that all State level meetings are properly planned for, supported and documented closely working and supporting other departments and teams within the GHSC-PSM project office in Nigeria.
- Travel and attend all State level, TWGs, Coordination meeting with the State Systems Strengthening Team and other relevant departments and teams within the GHSC-PSM project in Nigeria.
- Provide technical support for systems strengthening activities of logistics and supply chain management for HIV, TB, and Malaria disease programs, in collaboration with all program stakeholders and partners at the State level.
- Contribute in identifying best practices and success stories for PSM Nigeria's monthly logistics bulletin
- Develop and share with stakeholders (including PMO and GF) project status reports (highlighting potential risks and mitigatoin strategies) and other documentation as may be required for the management of the project at State level.
- Maintain agood knowledge and undersanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the Field Office Policy Manual.
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Any other activity as deemed appropriate by supervisor.
- State Systems Strengthening Advisor will report directly to the State Systems Strengthening Manager.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment:
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria with occasional travel.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Chemonics International career website on chemonics-ghsc-psm-nga.formstack.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Chemonics InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant at Ohonyeta Care Givers (OCAG)
- Proposal Budget/Costing Specialist at Save the Children
- Watchman at Medecins Sans Frontieres - Spain
- National Consultant GEP 3 State Project Coordinator (SPC) at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Job Openings at Plan International
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at ABT Associates
- Graduate State Support Intern at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH
- Warehouse Officer at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International