Jumia is your number one Online Shopping solution in Nigeria. There is an online electronic store where you can purchase all your electronics, as well as books, home appliances, fashion items, shoes, mobile phones and more online and have them delivered directly to you. Jumia has payment options that suit everyone, and we have a payment-on-delivery option for extra convenience. Shopping online in Nigeria is easy and convenient with us. The Jumia mall provides you with a wide range of products you can trust. Discover JIM's Big Thing for that special person in your life. You can also shop online for Valentine gifts and have them delivered directly to your loved one.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
Be part of an agile team that develops smart logistics solutions on a service oriented architecture using state-of-the-art technologies
In particular you will:
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team (Backend developers, DevOps, QA engineers, Product Owners) oriented to continuous delivery
- Work across the entire product life cycle: concept, design, development, deployment, testing, release, support
- Write module, well-organized code.
- Construct and verify (unit test) software components to meet design specifications
- Take ownership for your code to be qualitatively high and you will support your colleagues in code reviews.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Excellent communication skills and being able to work independently or in a full team
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years experience in web development with Object Oriented Programming
- Excellent knowledge of PHP5 or other OOP language
- Proficient with MySQL or other leading RDBMS
- Experienced in web server-side and client-side technologies
- Working knowledge of MVC frameworks (Zend Framework, Yii, Symfony2 or similar)
- Clear understanding of the Internet Protocol Suite
- Experienced in Version Control technologies (GIT, SVN)
- Aware of Performance and Security topics on web development
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Jumia Nigeria career website on africainternetgroup.peoplehr.net to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale