If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Job ID: 19039
Location: Dikwa, Borno
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity. FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions
- The ATO-Protection will provide psychosocial support activities at one of three field sites’ health facilities and safe spaces. Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, she will manage all activities related to SGBV/PSS at their assigned field site.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for SGBV psychosocial support activities to support social cohesion at field site.
- Manage and mentor case workers on GBV case management.
- Provide supportive supervision to community volunteers to monitor the applications of their training knowledge.
- Coordinate with a range of actors to ensure that safe and confidential services are made available and access to survivors of GBV and vulnerable individuals.
- Facilitate group PSS activities at safe spaces and in the community.
- Conduct quarterly activity review sessions with beneficiaries to identify what activities are working and what activities need to be improved.
- Serves as organizational liaison to external organizations at coordination meetings and conference as assigned.
- Oversees all aspects of Protection at assigned field site.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in SGBV/PSS or a similar degree with 1 to 2 years’ relevant experience in SGBV and PSS with a sound understanding of protection in humanitarian relief settings.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Nigerian law enforcement systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
go to method of application »
Job ID: 19022
Location: Dikwa, Borno
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance. These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity.
- FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions.
Job Summary / Key Responsibilities
- Assists in the accurate keeping of all financial transactions for the field site.
- Prepare monthly financial report forms which accompany executed sub project documents.
- Assists in the provision of logistic support for workshops and trainings
- Assists in the maintenance of an efficient records/storage of all office supplies.
- Serves as point of contact for logistical and administrative needs in the office.
- Coordinates all administrative and secretarial support services for the state office (as relevant).
- Records minutes of staff meetings and circulates same amongst the staff of the state
- Assists with production of presentation materials for staff members.
- Manages incentive payments for community volunteers and all field site transactions.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in accounting related to NGOs and community level programs, with increasing responsibility.
- Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above
- Proven ability in accounting for medium, multifaceted programs
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, community volunteers and recipients of assistance
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English & Hausa communication.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.