Federal Polythecnic, Oko, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Location: Oko, Anambra
- The Rector is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the Polytechnic and has power to exercise general authority over both staff and students and he is responsible for discipline in the Polytechnic, subject to the general control of the Governing Council.
- He/She is responsible for all matters relating to the day-to-day management and operations of the Polytechnic.
- Hold a Masters or a Doctorate degree from a recognized institution in any of the disciplines offered in the Polytechnic, with a minimum of fifteen (15) years professional and administrative experience, at least five of which must have been gained in an institution of comparable status.
- Be a Chief Lecturer with not less than five (5) years experience on that cadre.
- Demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
- Provide evidence of membership of reputable professional body bodies in Nigeria.
- Provide evidence of scholarly publications in reputable Journals as well as presentation of invited papers at educational conferences, seminars and/or workshop.
- Be able to attract research grants and development facilities to the Polytechnic.
- Must be medically fit and present evidence of medical fitness (from a Government Hospital).
- Must not pursue racial, ethnical, gender, political or other sectional interests.
- Not be more than fifty-five (55) years of age at the time of assumption of duty.
- Be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) packages and capabilities.
- Must be morally sound, of impeccable character and free from financial embarrassment.
- Be a person with initiative and vision for ensuring the accelerated pace of development of the Polytechnic, even under financial and other challenging constraints.
Terms of Appointment / Conditions of Service
- The appointment is for a term of four years in the first instance and renewable subject to satisfactory performance for another term of four years and no more.
- The salary is consolidated and the appointee shall enjoy other benefits of office as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government.
Method of Application
Applicants are expected to submit 20 typewritten copies of applications including photocopies of certificates and Curriculum Vitae giving the details in the following order:
- Full names (Surname first and underlined).
- Date and place of birth.
- State of origin and Local Government Area.
- Nationality and how acquired.
- Married Status.
- Number and ages of children.
- Current postal address including telephone number and e-mail address.
- Educational institution attended with dates.
- Academic and professional qualifications obtained with dates.
- Membership of professional bodies/Associations.
- Honours and distinction (if any).
- Academic/scholarly publications: National and International (in APAformat).
- Conferences attended and papers presented with dates (National and International).
- Previous employer(s) and post(s) held with dates.
- Present employment to include: status; salary, duties and any other relevant experience.
- Statement of own Vision for the Polytechnic.
- Other activities outside current employment.
- Names and addresses of three referees (Employer, Educational and Personal), who are to forward confidential reports directly to the Registrar, Federal Polytechnic, Oko, Anambra State. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claims to high academic and managerial capabilities.
All Applications are to be submitted in sealed envelope and marked “Post of Rector" on the top left hand corner of the envelope, addressed to:
Federal Polytechnic, Oko,
Orumba North L.G.A,
- Applicants will be required to produce the originals of their certificates and other relevant credentials if invited for interview.
- Photocopies of credentials will not be accepted.
- Applicants must also be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.