Factory Manager - Expatriate at an International Company - Adexen Recruitment Agency
Posted on: 7 September, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Adexen
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by an international company to recruit suitably and qualified candidates, to fill the position below:
Job Reference: 1279
Industry: Industry & Manufacturing
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Function: Operations & Production
- His first responsibility within the organisation is to enforce and assure that safety standards are always fully implemented within his factory.
- His second responsibility within the organisation is to ensure at all time that operation are conducted within an excellent housekeeping (a clean environment is prone to excellence and safety).
- Full authority on the daily factory operations within the guide lines defined by the COO.
- Full responsibility for correct implementation of the recipe and operational production parameters (density and thickness) defined by the COO for achieving the expected raw material yield.
- Full responsibility for controlling with his managerial team the labour force (overtime, labour force allocated per production unit).
- Full authority for organising the maintenance interventions, for ordering the necessary external services and required parts (within the allocated yearly budget)
- Organize safety talks and trainings with his team and downwards within the factory structure.
- Ensure at all time that housekeeping is implemented as per company guidelines.
- Manage his Factory to obtain the best possible machine efficiency with the lowest possible level of stoppages to ensure the optimal production capacity at all time of the production lines.
- Ensure that finished products leaving his factory comply at all time and consistently to the quality and specifications defined by the company.
- Organize the monthly follow-up and strict adherence to the maintenance budget defined by the COO.
- Ensure that production is done with strict respect of raw material recipes and raw material yield as directed by the COO.
- Manage and organize the required number of shifts based on the yearly factory production budget defined by the COO.
- Ensure with procurement and technical store managements that vital spares and consumables are always available to have smooth operations.
- Prepare with his managers the annual shut down (list of works to be done, list of parts needed, ensure the availability of internal and external resources, prepare necessary risk analysis for exceptional works and define appropriate protective counter measures).
- Organize, participate and lead daily the factory operation meeting (safety, maintenance, process, operation review).
- Assist the COO in the elaboration of the yearly budget: heavy maintenance, capex replacement, labour optimisation…
- Participate to the weekly operational meeting with the commercial people for optimum definition of the production planning.
- Coaching and teaching to his close collaborator the best practice of management.
- Graduated engineer (electro-mechanical with strong automation knowledge)
- Preferably 10 years with experience in manufacturing organisation or in maintenance management
- Able to negotiate with local contractors involved in the execution of projects allocated to the factory manager by the COO.
- Ideally, someone having already a strong exposure to the fibre cement technology.
- Good understanding of the production and process
- Good understanding of automation (be able to dialogue with added value with technicians in charge)
- Strong technical background for follow-up of maintenance team (generalist formation is ideal)
- Capable to manage a skilled workforce and his direct team.
- Communication skills and ability to motivate a team is most essential.
- Must be a leader motivating his team for achieving the goals defined by the COO and the company.
- Having participated to the Redco training is a must.
- SAP knowledge will be a plus.
Attractive expatriate package.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Adexen career website on www.adexen.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AdexenSimilar Jobs
- Teaching Jobs at Pc Recruit Nigeria
- IT Business Developers At HYT Consulting
- Job Opportunities at RS Hunter Limited
- Graduate Finance/Admin Analyst at BP Business Solutions
- Job Openings at CEOAfrica
- Social Media Executive at Marcforte Business Consulting Limited
- Field Sales Executives at Afriprise Ltd
- Fresh Jobs at 25th and Staffing