Supplier, Quality Improvement Engineer at an Engineering Firm - Workforce Group
Posted on: 6 September, 2017
Deadline: 8 September, 2017
View Jobs in Power / Energy
View All Jobs at Workforce Management Centre
Workforce Group - Our client, is a global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service diesel and natural gas engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems.
- Assists in the development, management, and assurance of defect-free performance of the business' supplier base with the objective of overall quality improvement.
- Resolves supplier quality issues.
- Participates in supplier evaluation, selection, and strategic sourcing process development.
- Assists in the supplier corrective action process including containment, root cause analysis, and corrective action.
- Ensures suppliers use quality tools effectively.
- Works with supplier to ensure all product requirements are met.
- Reviews the supplier quality resources for new product introduction and current products to reduce supplier related issues,
- Improve process capabilities, and ensure timely project launches.
- Responsible for determining if all requirements are met by the supplier for new or changed products.
- Measures supplier quality performance according to established procedures; drives appropriate improvements to meet established targets.
- Facilitates continuous improvement activities to reduce defects.
Requirements & Skills
- Two (2) years or more in working with suppliers using some Quality tools.
- A University Degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in Mechanical/Electrical/Materials and Metallurgical Engineering or a related course.
- (Six) 6 Sigma Green Belt Certified.
- Excellent Verbal and Oral Communication Skills.
- Strong knowledge of Quality tools such as 7 steps, 5 Whys, Fault Tree Analyses, Control Chart, SPC (Has knowledge of 3 or more tools listed).
- Have a good knowledge of Excel, good communication and presentation skills and has an eye for details and is able to work in teams.
- Strong ability to interpret data.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications and CV's to: email@example.com . The Subject of the mail should be “Supplier Quality Improvement Engineer”.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Workforce Management CentreSimilar Jobs
- Marketing Executives at Energy Optimization Nigeria Limited
- Jobs at General Eletric (GE) Nigeria
- Engineering Vacancies at General Electric (GE) Nigeria
- Geotechnicians at General Electric (GE) Nigeria
- Account and Admin Officer at Energy Optimization Nigeria Limited
- Energy Audit Supervisor at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
- High and Low Tension Operation & Maintenance Lead at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
- Financial Accounting Manager at Cummins Nigeria