Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
Founded in 2012, Jumia's mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience through a wide range of products categories including mobiles & tablets, computers, electronics, home & living, fashion, sports, health & beauty, grocery and others.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of business development, to fill the vacant position below:
- Defining and implementing the financial strategy in collaboration with the Group CFO and local CEO.
- Providing strategic financial input and leadership on issues affecting the business
In particular you will:
- Ensure the accurate/timely reporting of the business financial results, the preparation of the budgets, financial reports and analyses, evaluate cash flow projections
- Lead the accounting function, maintaining the financial accounting systems and best in class accounting processes
- Ensure compliance with all country legal, regulatory and tax reporting requirements
- Design policies and processes for internal control to minimize business risk and comply with local and internal accounting standards
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- 15 years of Audit or Operational finance experience Qualified accountant with knowledge of IFRS accounting standards
- Experience in big 4 audit firm preferred
- Strong Leadership Skills and exceptional analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external affiliates and clients
- Strategic orientation and successfully managed financial organization with comparative scale and complexity
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Jumia Nigeria career website on africainternetgroup.peoplehr.net to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale