The Delegation of the European Union to Federal Republic of Nigeria invites applications for a post of Secretary! Assistant. The successful candidate will provide secretarial support to the Political Governance and Democracy (Development Cooperation) section, which includes taking of minutes, keeping diaries, organizing meetings and missions, travel arrangements, handling correspondence, filing and handling financial documents, transmission of e-mails, manage superior's main contacts, and in particular acting as Assistant to the Political Governance and Democracy (Development Cooperation) Head of section and section staff.
As such, the position requires a high degree of professionalism, an excellent oral and written communication, the ability to assess and provide recommendations to the Head of section, good organization, planning and reporting capabilities, independent judgment, strong organisational skills, and the ability to be flexible as demands and priorities change.
Functions & Duties:
• General secretarial duties
• Section secretarial tasks, including: management of calendar, appointment of the Head of section and section staff, keeping diaries and phone calls, drafting letters and other communications; management of miscellaneous correspondence, coordination and processing of documents related to development cooperation relations and management with Nigeria and ECOWAS as well as with project implementing partners;
• Managing communication and preparations for working groups and/or development partner coordination groups. Filing of printed and electronic materials, including management of the existing filing system;
• Proofreading as required by Head of section or section members;
• Research (internet and otherwise);
• Working with the Common Relex Information System (CRIS) for management of projects and project finances as required by Head of section and section members - encoding of data, research and data extraction;
• Organising meetings, missions and travel arrangements including all logistics. Management of administrative affairs; Register correspondence and follow-up in EU systems.
Education & Training:
At least a diploma, post secondary qualification or equivalent qualification in secretarial studies or related field is required. A university degree will be an advantage.
A minimum of3 years of relevant experience in the secretariat/personal assistant field is required (more than 5 years will be an asset). Previous experience within a diplomatic embassy or an international organisation will be an advantage.
Excellent command of English language; both oral and written. Knowledge of French is an advantage.
This position is in Group IV, gross remuneration will be raised depending on years of relevant professional experience as foreseen on the Local Agents' salary grid.
Applications should consist of a letter explaining your interest and suitability for this position and Curriculum Vitae (each 2 pages maximum) and should be sent by email to the attention of Head of Administration on
Applications received after tbe deadline or not conforming to these Instructions will be automatically rejected.
Deadline: 23th September 2013.