Executive Assistant to Operations Director at British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)
Posted on: 11 August, 2017
Deadline: 12 August, 2017
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at British American Tobacco
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
Job Number: 17234BR
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Appointment Type: Permanent
Job Purpose and Key Deliverables
- British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for an Executive Assistant to Operations Director to join our team in Ibadan.
- The role holder will be responsible to provide comprehensive and proactive support to the Operations Director on a wide range of complex tactical and administrative tasks whilst prioritizing and taking personal responsibility for all activities to enhance effectiveness. This role will also be responsible for executing defined work projects of moderate complexity.
- Manage the work schedule (electronic calendars, visits and work plans) for the Operations Director as required.
- collates and share the Area calendar with contributions received from all other functions before year end and ensure all meetings align with the Regional calendar.
- Manage and reconcile all outstanding expenses on the director’s vendor account with reasonable business justification for successful approval
- Develop and implement reports, memos and other analysis and communication materials for internal and external use using the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Co-ordinate top leadership meetings, internal and external engagements, conferences (local and global), workshops and team-build events with professionalism and a high level of competency.
- Responsible for organising extensive global travel arrangements (transportation, hotels and visas) as required.
- Organize monthly breakfast sessions between employees and the Ops Director, send out minutes of the meeting and follow up on actions
- Perform routine transactions such as cash advance, expense statements and retirements as required
- Purchase and maintain office supplies inventories for the office of the director Prepare POs for other vendors
- Respond to emails and all incoming correspondence
- Prepare complex presentations and briefings
- Support all visitors coming into the factory on business meeting or machine installation by making transportation and accommodation arrangement.
- Provide other Administrative support as required.
- Effectively interface with the Executive Assistants of the West Africa Area Leadership Team to achieve targets
- Develop self through training, learning and development opportunities
- Identify areas for improvement and execute improvement plans as required.
- Develop good working relationship across the Area with all the Operations Managers.
- Operations Team
- West Africa Area Leadership Team (WAALT)
- Executive Assistants of West Africa Area Leadership Team
- Relevant Operations Teams/Managers Records Management Coordinators in the various Functions
- Appropriate government and non-government agencies as directed.
- B.Sc/BA Degree
- Solid secretarial and administrative skills, including excellent verbal and written communication
- Self-starter, keen and confident to use own initiative
- Proactive “can do” work ethic - flexible approach to working
- Solid interpersonal skills - mature, responsible, assertive attitude with the ability to influence at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Ability to establish priorities, maintain confidentiality and work under pressure
- Good numeric skills to work with financial systems and resolve queries
- Very good working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills and a flair for preparing complex reports in PowerPoint, word and excel.
- Work experience in a similar role in a leading corporate organisation would be an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to British American Tobacco career website on krb-xjobs.brassring.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about British American TobaccoSimilar Jobs
- Quality Assurance Auditor at British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN) - 3 Positions
- Engineering Jobs at May & Baker Nigeria Plc
- Extrusion Manager at Polymer Packaging Limited
- Jobs at Fadac Resources
- Brewing Technicians at Guinness Nigeria Plc
- Fresh Jobs at Tyonex Nigeria Limited
- PMC - Channel Business Manager at Honeywell
- Ongoing 2018 Graduate Trainee Programme at Ashaka Cement Limited