Oaklands and Johnson is an Experiential Marketing Company that has created innovative solutions in Africa for over 13 years. We are an Agency that employs a no frills ideation process in organising simple thinking together in a beautiful creative space in sunny Lagos. With a recently opened office in Accra, we are maximising the tropical energy in the West Coast of Africa to generate marketing ideas for brands that find Africa a fascinating market.
Prospective employees must have passion and dream in building a career in this field
- Advertising copywriters generally work alongside an art director within the creative department of an advertising, media or full-service agency. They work with client briefs to conceive, develop and produce effective advertising campaigns.
- Liaising with clients and interpreting their briefs;
- developing creative ideas and concepts, often in partnership with the art director;
- presenting ideas to colleagues and clients;
- familiarizing themselves with their clients’ products and services, the target audience and their competitors’ activities;
- writing clear and original copy;
- updating digital media;
- proofreading copy to check spelling and grammar;
- amending, revising or redeveloping adverts or campaigns in response to feedback from the creative director, account team or clients;
- overseeing campaigns through the production stage to completion;
- working on several campaigns at once, sometimes under pressure and often to tight deadlines;
- casting actors for TV and radio jingles, and listening to voice tapes;
- liaising with production companies, photographers, typographers, designers and printers;
- keeping up to date with trends;
- Monitoring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
Requirements (skills and Qualifications)
- the ability to write good, clear copy in a variety of styles with accurate spelling and grammar;
- excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills;
- logic, creativity and imagination;
- ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- confidence, enthusiasm and determination;
- accuracy and attention to detail;
- commercial awareness with the ability to understand the target audience;
- an interest in popular culture, new trends and styles;
- good research skills;
- good proofreading skills.
- Must demonstrate sound work ethics
- B.A in English; journalism; communication; media studies; advertising; public relations or at least minimum 2yrs work experience in an advertising agency
Method of Application
Cv’s should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before close of business on Friday 18th August, 2017.
Use “Copy writer” as subject of the mail
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.