The Federal University, Kashere is an institution of higher learning that is committed to excellence and integrity in the pursuit of knowledge within an environment that respects diversity, the worth of the individual, academic freedom, a commitment to service learning, and a shared responsibility for applying knowledge and skills to address the interrelated issues that affect the local, national, and global communities.
Location: Kashere, Gombe
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and is the Head of Bursary Department.
- Candidates for the post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership, possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life, and must be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University
- By virtue of his position, the Bursar shall be the Chief Financial Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day to day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- He should be able to coordinate the development and upgrading of the University’s strategic plan and to ensure the development and update of the University’s financial management plans.
- The Bursar should also be able to coordinate the preparation of periodic income and expenditure, balance sheet and cash flow estimates and consolidation where necessary.
- The holder of the office shall ensure that accurate records are maintained of all assets and liabilities held by the University and be able to monitor monthly income and expenditure and balance sheet variances against the budgets amongst other schedules.
- The Bursar should provide the University Management with appropriate advice on all the Institution’s financial transactions.
Candidates should possess the following:
- A good honours Degree with at least Second Class pass in Accounting from a recognised University and possession of a higher Degree(s) will be an added advantage
- Must be a qualified member of a professional body such as ICAN, ACCA and ANAN.
- Must have a minimum of Fifteen (15) years cognate experience, preferably in a University.
- Must have attained the rank of a Deputy Bursar in a Tertiary Institution.
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of relevant accounting packages.
- The salary and conditions of service for the Bursar shall be as obtainable in the Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward fifteen (15) word-processed applications and fifteen (15) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae with copies of credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following:
- Full Name(Surname first in capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin & Local Government Area
- Permanent Home Address
- Present Postal Address/GSM Numbers/E-mail Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children (if any)
- Educational Institutions Attended with
- Academic Qualifications Obtained with Dates
- Professional Qualifications Obtained with Dates
- Working Experience including full details of former and present post(s)
- Full community service
- List of Publications, if any
- Names and Addresses of three referees.
Candidates are requested to forward their applications with clearly marked “Application for the Position of Bursar” indicated on the envelope to:
Federal University, Kashere,
- Candidates should request their three Referees to send reports on them, under confidential cover, direct to the Registrar, Federal University, Kashere.
- The Referees should also be informed to indicate the position applied for.