Latest Job Openings at Bradfield Consulting Limited
Posted on: 10 August, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Building / Construction
View All Jobs at Bradfield Consulting
Bradfield Consulting - Our client is a fully registered private limited liability company with several subsidiaries in building, warehousing, letting, sales, and development of estates, construction, property investment, maintenance, and cold storage.
- Due to restructuring, our client is now looking to recruit a Facilities Manager to manage property, maintenance of utilities and infrastructure.
- Preparing documents to put out tenders for contractors.
- Investigating availability and suitability of options for new premises.
- Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money.
- Planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives.
- Managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities.
- Directing, coordinating and planning essential central services such as reception, security, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling.
- Ensuring that facilities meet health, security and safety requirements and also comply with government legislation.
- Planning best allocation and utilisation of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organising current premises.
- Supervising and co-ordinating work of maintenance staff and contractors and checking that it has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies.
- Using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement.
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences.
- Assesses and defines scope and direction of routine and major maintenance related activities.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures in support of routine and major repair activities to ensure work is completed within budget and in most cost effective, timely manner possible.
- Conducts building inspections regularly to determine required repairs.
- Overseeing building projects, renovations or refurbishments, maintenance issues.
- Drafting reports and making written recommendations
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Property/Estate Management, Hospitality, Surveying, Building Services, Engineering or any other related discipline from a reputable University.
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in cognate industry.
Skills and Competencies:
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills, relationship-building and networking skills.
- Procurement and negotiation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload.
- Time management and project management skills.
- Research skills and the ability to draw information from various sources, including people.
- Clear and concise writing skills and the ability to handle long and complex documents.
- Team work skills and the ability to lead and motivate others.
- Practical, flexible and innovative approach to work.
- Strong working knowledge of current renovation and construction practices and procedures, building codes, building systems and applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and act on issues and/or problems, reach sound conclusions and take appropriate action.
- Computer, IT skills required.
go to method of application »
- We are looking to recruit a Construction Project Manager to control the time, cost and quality of all construction projects.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project.
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies.
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities.
- Supervise the work of laborers, mechanics etc. and give them guidance when needed.
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering/Building/Construction or any other related discipline from a reputable University.
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ of experience in construction.
- Preferably PMP Certified.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proven working experience in construction and project management.
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Must have proven communications skills, interpersonal skills and sound judgment.
- A creative thinker and excellent organizer.
- Excellent Oral and written skill in English.
- Can work with less supervision and even under extreme pressure.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Bradfield ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Quantity Surveyor at a Leading Construction Company - Adexen Recruitment Agency
- IT Manager at Alpha Mead Facilities & Management Services Limited
- Project Manager at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Head, Finance and Admin at Annai Limited
- Civil Engineer in a Construction Company - Platinum Careers
- Drivers at Central Realties Limited
- Job Vacancies at DO.II Designs Limited
- Jobs at Denver Building Services Nigeria