Latest Job Openings at Bradfield Consulting Limited
Posted on: 10 August, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Building / Construction
View All Jobs at Bradfield Consulting
Bradfield Consulting - Our client is a fully registered private limited liability company with several subsidiaries in building, warehousing, letting, sales, and development of estates, construction, property investment, maintenance, and cold storage.
- Due to restructuring, our client is now looking to recruit a Facilities Manager to manage property, maintenance of utilities and infrastructure.
- Preparing documents to put out tenders for contractors.
- Investigating availability and suitability of options for new premises.
- Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money.
- Planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives.
- Managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities.
- Directing, coordinating and planning essential central services such as reception, security, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling.
- Ensuring that facilities meet health, security and safety requirements and also comply with government legislation.
- Planning best allocation and utilisation of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organising current premises.
- Supervising and co-ordinating work of maintenance staff and contractors and checking that it has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies.
- Using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement.
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences.
- Assesses and defines scope and direction of routine and major maintenance related activities.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures in support of routine and major repair activities to ensure work is completed within budget and in most cost effective, timely manner possible.
- Conducts building inspections regularly to determine required repairs.
- Overseeing building projects, renovations or refurbishments, maintenance issues.
- Drafting reports and making written recommendations
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Property/Estate Management, Hospitality, Surveying, Building Services, Engineering or any other related discipline from a reputable University.
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in cognate industry.
Skills and Competencies:
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills, relationship-building and networking skills.
- Procurement and negotiation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload.
- Time management and project management skills.
- Research skills and the ability to draw information from various sources, including people.
- Clear and concise writing skills and the ability to handle long and complex documents.
- Team work skills and the ability to lead and motivate others.
- Practical, flexible and innovative approach to work.
- Strong working knowledge of current renovation and construction practices and procedures, building codes, building systems and applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and act on issues and/or problems, reach sound conclusions and take appropriate action.
- Computer, IT skills required.
go to method of application »
- We are looking to recruit a Construction Project Manager to control the time, cost and quality of all construction projects.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project.
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies.
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities.
- Supervise the work of laborers, mechanics etc. and give them guidance when needed.
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering/Building/Construction or any other related discipline from a reputable University.
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ of experience in construction.
- Preferably PMP Certified.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proven working experience in construction and project management.
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Must have proven communications skills, interpersonal skills and sound judgment.
- A creative thinker and excellent organizer.
- Excellent Oral and written skill in English.
- Can work with less supervision and even under extreme pressure.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Bradfield ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at Karsto Global Resources Limited
- Interior Design Facilitator (Architect) at DecorhubNG.com
- Commercial Construction & Flooring Estimator at Unico Flooring Distributors, Inc.
- Furniture Design and Technology Training at Aframero Limited
- Jobs at Jenniez School of African Interior Design
- Marketers at PKP Block
- Ayab Truck Drivers at PKP Block
- Business Manager at a Facility Management Company - Beacongate Limited