If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Teclab Management Services Limited - Our Client, a Hospitality Service Provider, with a 90 bedroom large International hotel of 4 standards in Lagos, requires the services of a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
- To oversee the day-to-day operations, supervise the work of staff members while interacting with customers to ensure satisfaction.
- Candidate should have an excellent level of commercial awareness, which can build and maintain relationships with internal and external guests. Also responsible for highlighting short/medium/long-term issues to the General Manger / Cluster General Manager and to help formulate solutions.
- The Operations Manager is also required to assist in the preparation of the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Fully responsible for all aspects of all departments.
- Support and work with all Head of Departments in all aspects of running this hotel.
- Ensure the premises are in operative condition as per category of the unit to receive & serve the guests.
- Monitor the purchase / indent / requisitions of each department, the accounts receivable (collection from debtors) and the accounts payable (payable to the vendors / suppliers etc).
- Randomly inspecting the stores (F & B / Kitchen) to check the stock in hand (quality, par stock levels, expiry etc) with the F & B Manager & Chef.
- Dealing with Suppliers / Vendors for quality products involving Purchase Manager and providing performance assessment of vendors every quarter to HO Purchase.
- Inspecting all departments for SOP implementation.
- Inspecting all departments with their respective Manager's for cleanliness, ambience, service readiness, staff grooming & hospitality culture.
- Monitor the co-ordination between all departments for smooth & efficient operations.
- Assessing and reviewing customer satisfaction and service recovery process.
- Meet all dept. heads to review & train the staff to upkeep the human capital.
- Identifying staff learning needs and assisting with development
- A Bachelor's Degree in Hotel, Business or Hospitality Management an MBA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 Years in the Hospitality Industry in the capacity of the role advertised.
Salary is attractive and commensurate with experience.
go to method of application »
- Plan, direct and oversee all bar operations including managing staff, ensuring product and service standards are met and implementing and maintaining procedures for maximum operating efficiency.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Set objectives and targets for beverage unit/bar
- Determine staff needs and recruit staff
- Performance manage staff
- Assess development needs and train and coach staff
- Delegate duties and tasks to staff to meet objectives and maximize resources
- Set and monitor quality and service standards for staff
- Direct and manage staff members to meet standards and objectives
- Ensure staff operate within company policies
- Organize and adjust staff rotas and schedules in accordance with available resources and labor regulations
- Oversee the preparation and presentation of beverages to meet set standards
- Resolve customer complaints promptly
- Monitor cleanliness and hygiene of bar area
- Promote and practice compliance with fire, health, safety and hygiene standards and regulations
- Oversee accurate cash-up procedures and ensure necessary paperwork is complete
- Ensure adherence to cash management procedures
- Ensure adherence to stock control procedures
- Monitor and order supplies
- Liaise with suppliers and sales representatives
- Confirm that procurement of supplies is on the best possible terms
- Make certain all deliveries are checked in correctly and documentation is correct
- Check stock is correctly rotated and stored to reduce wastage
- Oversee the bar display to maximize functionality and attractiveness
- Set, monitor and control budget for the beverage unit/bar
- Plan and implement cost control measures
- Plan and implement systems to maximize sales and revenue
- Organize promotional activities
- Implement improvements for products and service
- Maintain regular communication with staff and management through meetings and discussions
- Stay current with relevant legislation regarding service of alcohol, sale of tobacco and licensing
Requirements / Qualification
- A HND or Bachelor's Degree in Sciences / Arts or any related field.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the management of a bar or beverage service operation
- Complete working knowledge of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Knowledge of business management principles and practices
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Knowledge of cost control procedures
- Knowledge of administrative procedures
- Organizing and planning
- Resource allocation and management
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
- Team member
- Minimum of 6 Years in the Hospitality Industry and in the capacity of the role advertised.
- Very attractive and commensurate with experience.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.