GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Ref No: 2929758
Job Function: Sales
Business Segment: Energy Connections Grid Solutions
- The Software Solutions Sales Director, SSA is responsible for managing the overall Grid Software Sales effort within GE Energy Connections supporting our Sub Sahara Africa region to ensure attainment of growth targets.
In this role, you will:
- Develop a world-class team focused on meeting the Customer and shareholder objectives
- Lead and motivate a team of sales professionals to solicit new business and / or retain and penetrate existing business in order to drive growth
- Ability to develop and execute on growth plans while meeting short term business objectives
- Responsible for earning customer trust through solid execution – establish win/win partnerships and deepen relationships
- Focus on programs that are aligned with business strategy and ensure resources are aligned properly
- Develop and drive the strategic growth vision and objectives, including participating inessential operating rhythm processes with product management, engineering and services
- Implement the execution framework on identified opportunities, which includes the orders forecasting to deal closure
- Manage assigned initiatives to maximize long-term to maximize profitability
- Create processes to seek new and / or additional income / business developmentopportunities
- Establish, cultivate and maintain customer relations at appropriate decision-maker levels
- Monitor, analyze, and understand market activities to continuously update the business on all region dynamics including in-depth competitive assessments
- Develop effective market and transactional strategies inline with the business objectives
- Lead the development of sales opportunities and coordinate with the business lines sales support groups
- Drive Commercial process improvements and leverage tools for growth (SFDC, etc.)
- Trains others on how to thoroughly analyze market data and present findings and recommendations in a way that is easy and simple for management to make decisions and act quickly; Links analysis to overall business objectives and strategies
- Independently creates an effective digital engagement strategy that collects market knowledge and engages others; Develops processes to measure effectiveness of efforts in terms of using market knowledge to predict buying decisions and trends
- Coaches and mentor’s others on how to collect, analyze, and share information about market trends and competitors to increase customer retention and attract new business; Proactively identifies trends via data analysis and makes strategic recommendations as appropriate
- Leads the implementation of economic value selling throughout customer organization; Offers assistance and input to others across GE on this topic
- Invited by clients to participate in C-level strategic planning sessions to help create solutions related to critical business needs; Leads initiatives to understand and quantify unrealized value in offerings across products, services, and customer segments
- Able to consistently lead the process to develop winnable strategies; Creatively uses resources to anticipate and solve problems, resulting in innovative solutions that result in customer and GE satisfaction, and finds alternatives beyond the obvious
- Develops and executes integrated, multi-faceted communications that provide the audience with concise facts; Addresses business concerns and presents the implications of various alternatives; Presents in a manner that is compelling, engaging and relevant to senior leadership and customers
- Communicates effectively with multiple levels of a customer’s business; Understands where to have less interaction once high level relationships have been established;
- Earns the trust of customers’ executive managers after advancing through the ranks of mid to low level managers;
- Possesses the ability to glean information from a variety of non-executive level stakeholders to spawn new conversations at the executive level
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Science, Engineering, Technology or related discipline
- 10+ years experience in sales, management consulting, or strategic planning in software organizations
- 5+ years experience in software sales leadership
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Legal authorization to work in any of the countries job posting is advertised in Sub Sahara Africa.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Must be willing to travel 50-75%
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume) For Nigerians only.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the roles location.
- Manages and possesses working industry knowledge and skillet in Grid Software
- Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence solution direction to both technical and non-technical audiences alike across all organizational levels
- Proven track record of account management and sales success
- Understand the various financial instruments used by customers to conduct business
- Strong negotiation and sales leadership skills
- Prior experience selling contracts / products with technical content of substantial value is preferred
- Six Sigma training
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to GE - General Electric career website on jobs.gecareers.com to apply