Stresert Services Limited - Our client provides Industrial Catering Services and hospitality services to corporate organizations and hotels.
Job Location: Surulere, Lagos State (proximity to work is highly desired).
The job holder will be responsible for the planning, coordination and control of Food Production processes. You'll make sure the food and services are produced efficiently and that the right amount is produced at the right cost and level of quality. (The ideal candidate for this role MUST have been an industrial cook who grew through the rank).
- Oversee the day-to-day operations at the kitchen to ensure optimal production quality and maximum profit for company.
- Take charge of the processing of food and the amount produced from the kitchen.
- Direct and supervise the activities of food production staff.
- Develop menu items and recipes for a variety of food products.
- Oversee the hiring, orientation and training of technical and non-technical food manufacturing personnel in junction with the HR Department.
- Monitor every aspect of production to ensure compliance with established procedures and standards.
- Oversee the maintenance, repair, and replacement of production equipment to ensure smooth work operations.
- Create work shifts to ensure round-the-clock food production operations.
- Maintain accurate inventory of raw materials and processed food products.
- Ensure products and raw materials are stored properly at optimum conditions.
- Assign production staff according to their competence and work demand.
- Motivate and supervise work crew to ensure daily production targets are achieved.
- Liaise with the sales and marketing department to develop and implement strategies for driving sales of newly introduced or seasonal menus products.
- Enforce health/safety procedures and guidelines for operation.
- Inspect food production equipment to ensure they are operational and in good working order for food processing.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external food production regulations and legislation.
- Proffer recommendations to management on ways to increase production quality and revenue generation ideas.
COMPETENCIES required succeeding in this role:
- Planning & Organizational Skills;
- Ability to plan menu, cost it and translate it into delicious delicacies for clients and also organize his team for effective and efficient delivery in all aspect of production in the kitchen.
- To supervise and coordinate all cooks and other kitchen employees ensuring that the food preparation and presentation is according to organizational standards.
- To inspect all incoming raw material for quality, quantity and cost effectiveness.
- Requesting on a daily basis using the proper forms, all food supplies and maintain an acceptable turnover, and plan production according to business forecast.
- Plan and implement all menus in cooperation with the F&B Manager.
Work Standard & Self Disciple Skills;
Set goals/standards of performance for self, subordinates and organisation. Be dissatisfied with average performance, compulsorily ensuring that the team follows laid down recipe and knows it to heart.
Oversees the controlling and analyse the ongoing of the following;
- The quality level of production and presentation
- Guest satisfaction
- Merchandising and marketing
- Operation / Food cost
- Cleanliness /Sanitation and Hygiene Detail Handling Skills;
- Tolerance for and ability to pay attention to and handle details and paperwork associated with the job.
- Ensures a clean and hygienic kitchen inclusive of the heavy equipment and utensils, coordinating his efforts with the Cleaners.
- To inspect on a regular basis all kitchen and storage refrigerators, storage procedures to avoid spoilage and ensure the targeted turnover of food products.
- Interacts with persons outside the hotel such as suppliers, government officials, competitor and other members of the community.
- Oversees the completion of market lists, according to the organizations quality standards.
- Complies with health and safety standards to prevent accidents.
Efficiency & Effectiveness Skills
Achieving maximum results, results will be measured; not level of activity or expended energy. Oversee the preparation of menus and participates in pricing policy in consultation with the F&B Manager, Restaurant and Banquet Manager and taking the following into consideration:
- Market needs
- Potential costs
- Availability of F&B products
- Inspire others to excel by clearly communicating business values and direction, recognizing good performance and providing managerial support.
- Develop potential of others through coaching and development opportunities to build Organization capability for the future.
A degree in Catering and Hotel Management or similar field.
Relevant Working Experience
A minimum of 8 years experience in the hospitality/Industrial Catering Sector as a Cook who grew in the rank (Industry & role experience is a MUST).
Salary is N80, 000 monthly + other benefits.
Method of Application
Forward updated CVs (highlighting past similar roles) to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘FPMC’ as subject of mail . Qualified applicants will be invited for interviews.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.