At Amazon we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptional talent, and bright, driven people. Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com and a leader in Cloud Computing, is seeking a talented Startup Business Development Manager to join the AWS business development team to drive the awareness and adoption of the AWS cloud across the startup vertical in Africa. This is a unique opportunity for a driven, self-starter to play a key role in a fast-growing business, and to drive significant value for startups building sophisticated, scalable applications.
The mission of the AWS Startup Team is to work with the best startups to build their businesses on AWS, and to help them be successful and grow.
As a Startup Business Development Manager you will engage with promising startups and startup organizations in order to generate, track and manage relationship with hot and early stage startups. This will be done in collaboration with business development and field counterparts to generate sales opportunities, identify new customers, and deliver added value to startups. If you have a passion for technology and the ability to get people excited about your company, especially within the fast-paced, energetic startup ecosystem, then this is the role for you.
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
- Engaging decision-makers at startup companies to profile their specific purchasing plans and decision criteria for cloud based solutions.
- Work closely with business development and marketing to drive campaigns into specific startup market segments and regions; organize and participate in startup events to generate new startup relationships
- Generating and capturing new leads by attending startup events, leveraging the local startup eco system
- Capture, track, and advance qualified startup engagements in our CRM lead management system (Salesforce)
- Recommend the most suitable cloud solution according to the customers’ requirements and solutions
- Ensure all relationships generated are being logged tracked and managed as they mature, continuously delivering value to the startup vertical.
- Follow up on opportunities and search for additional revenue opportunities
- Generate interest and provide insight into the portfolio of AWS solutions to potential startup customers
- Evangelize the AWS Startup Program – AWS Activate and the Startup use cases within the eco-system
- Passion for technology and the startup ecosystem
- +5 years’ experience working within a technical organization or startup(s)
- +3 years inside sales, direct sales or pre-sales experience
- Excellent sales, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly, be creative and take initiative
- Self-reliant, adaptable, decisive, and professional
- Able to function in a team environment
- Understanding of the life cycle and needs of startups
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills and able to professionally interact with customers
- Previous experience working with startup organizations
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Amazon career website on www.amazon.jobs to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.