If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
ARM Life is the insurance subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd (ARM). Its parent company, ARM is one of the largest non-bank financial services firms in Nigeria with a focus on asset management. Established in 1994, ARM started operations as a traditional asset management company specialising in the management of quoted equities and fixed income securities.
- Responsible for the management and consistent review of operational risk activities within the ARM Group
- Facilitate and manage the operational risk loss reporting process across the ARM Group.
- Facilitate and manage the Risk and Control Self Assessment process across the ARM Group
- Compile operational risk reports for senior stakeholders and committees across the ARM Group (both internal management reports and reports for external stakeholders)
- Facilitation of operational risk training and awareness sessions for ARM staff members across the Group.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Internal Loss Data Collection:
- Assign reported loss events to the correct Event Owner in line with the event escalation matrix
- Validate operational risk classifications as completed by the Event Owner
- Track all open events and ensure that timely progress reports are received from all relevant parties
- Maintain the operational risk loss database and system, and ensure quality of the internal loss data collected across the ARM Group
- Track the management of all operational risk loss events by the relevant Event Owners.
- Approve the closure of all operational risk loss events
- Generate necessary awareness to encourage continuous and increased collection of loss events
External Loss Data Collection:
- Monitor external loss events and maintain a database of such loss events.
- Identify lessons learnt from external loss events and adopt necessary mitigating factors within the firm, working with relevant business manager/unit head.
Risk & Control Self Assessment (RCSA):
- Draft and maintain an “annual plan of work” for the scheduling and completion of RCSA’s for all departments.
- Ensure that sufficient time is allocated for each RCSA workshop held per department.
- Facilitate RCSA workshops and guide business unit level staff throughout the assessment process.
- Facilitate effective and constructive communication between the various stakeholders within RCSA workshops.
- Ensure timely completion of all departmental RCSA’s
- Ensure continuous update of the control matrix
- Development of a risk awareness culture both during RCSA workshops and across the broader Firm.
Key Risk Indicators (KRI):
- Create a KRI definition and monitoring framework
- Update and maintain KRIs identified for each unit and across the Firm
- Monitor indicators and distribute reports to relevant stakeholders
Issue Management & Whistleblowing:
- Create awareness in order to increase identification and collection of risk issues and whistleblowing incidents.
- Carry out necessary investigation and assessment when an issue or incident is identified or reported.
- Maintain accuracy and completeness of data on the issues log and whistleblowing log.
- Assign risk issues and whistleblowing incidents to relevant Units and individuals for resolution.
- Follow-up with relevant stakeholders to achieve prompt resolution.
Business Continuity Management(BCM):
- Consistently executing the Firm’s Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
- Work to achieve lower occurrence of business disruptions
Reporting & Communication:
- Collate and disseminate operational risk reports and other relevant reports to Stakeholders from time to time.
Competency and Skills:
- A thorough understanding of ARM’s business, operations and products, including the industry and the markets within which it operates
- Basic understanding of risk management principles, and ability to carry out independent research regarding global best practice
- Very good working knowledge of Microsoft excel and visio
- Good communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong on reporting and presentation of data for ease of use by end users
- Problem solving and strong analytical abilities
- Versatile and creative
- Proactive and sound decision making ability
- Innovative and resilient
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Commitment to quality
- Self motivated and driven
- Commitment to achieving agreed objectives
- Keen on acquiring new knowledge
- Self organised, logical and systematic
- Ability to work well with diverse groups and individuals
- Ability to remain independent and objective on the job
- Ability to lead and obtain people’s buy-in, while executing such to completion
- Ability to work independently, while also working within a team
- Possesses strong work ethic
- First degree in business, accounting or other finance related discipline.
- A relevant professional qualification or a Masters degree.
- Relevant experience within a professional services firm, financial services institution or regulatory body is desirable.
go to method of application »
- Responsible for implementing a cost effective strategy to source local building items and manage service contractor.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support procurement planning through collaboration with project personnel and Managers in the preparation of the procurement plan;
- Assist and facilitate the development and implementation of a procurement management system in respect of planning, awarding, administering and monitoring of all matters related to procurement for the project;
- Maintain and update the procurement monitoring system and provide feedback on purchase orders to requesting office;
- Tender report - Conduct due diligence and proffer recommendations on vendors who applied for tender;
- Review and evaluate bids or proposals received (for completeness and adequacy of technical specifications and cost effectiveness) and prepare analysis for contract awards and for submission to the review committee and Procurement Authority;
- Review interim and final valuations, cost analysis and provide advice on contractual claims;
- Maintain a vendor database and ensure effective use of the system to record the listing, updating, evaluation and monitoring of performance of service providers and vendors;
- Update vendor evaluation scorecard-Complete company-wide standard template on a quarterly basis;
- Prepare annual sourcing plan and budget - Contains identified vendors, quotes and timelines;
- Prepare quarterly sourcing reports - operational and financial results of sourcing strategy to management
- Maintain a database and web site of procurement standards and tools, roster of best suppliers, contractors and service providers, activities and statistics and contract advertisement and awards to share and disseminate information on a regular basis.
- Technical: 90%
- Administrative - 10%
- Lead time from RFQ to contract award- Shows the lead time from request for quote to award of contract. The lead time would be measured as the time from date of release of RFQ to the date of award of contract averaged for the whole year. The target for the lead time would be set between the Head of procurement and development (20%).
- Goods received on time in full by construction team compared to approve schedule-% of total material by value received on time measured as % of time actual date of receipt of goods is within 14 - 21 days of planned date of receipt of goods. The. number of days needs to be set between the Head of procurement and the in-country Head of development (15%)
- Issues causing contract disputes, termination and liquidity before due date-% of contracts with rising issues, disputes, termination and liquidity before due date against procurement’s total signed contracts each year (15%)
- Compliance with quality - % of overall service contract/ material contract rejected by the site due to non-compliance with specified standards (15%)
- Savings generated- Measured as a % unit cost reduction as compared to budget. The budget for cost reduction would be set between the Procurement Associate and Head of Development (10%)
- New Vendor and contractor development / R&D- Measure on two aspects a) No. of new vendors added to the master list against baseline target set in consultation with Head of corporate services b) No. of new vendors utilized for material and service contracts against target set at the beginning of the year in consultation with the Head of corporate services (5%)
- Vendor satisfaction score - Based on feedback/ evaluation from working vendors for support and cooperation during delivery process through surveys (5%).
- Feedback - The annual average rating from 360-degree surveys launched (15%)
- Specific commodity experience preferred
- Practical and logical qualities and a methodical way of thinking
- Good planning/project management skills
- Exceptional negotiation, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills and the ability to learn sophisticated design and costing IT packages.
- Ability to write clear and precise reports and to relate complex information in a simple way to a diverse range of people
- Industry knowledge and understanding; detailed knowledge of past and current building and construction technology processes, materials, business and legal matters.
- Gathers information nationally and internationally about what could be; visualizes the future and assesses what needs to change; thinks strategically, considers wider effects thoroughly, including customers, shareholders and people; promotes and builds enthusiasm for the vision.
- Balances the needs of the stakeholder triangle; assimilates and analyses relevant information; identifies core principles, and applies them consistently to decisions; identifies and mitigates risks; creative in providing solutions; owns decisions.
- Outstanding people leadership and management skills. Ability to drive change management across the organization
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and oral
- Sets milestones and timeframes to achieve objectives and operational requirements; determines priorities and allocates responsibilities and manages workflow; establishes measures and monitoring systems; monitors unit and individual performance, putting (joint) action plans in place to address areas of non-compliance; anticipates hurdles and has contingency plans to get around them.
Experience and Education
- B.Sc (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying required; other comparable graduate degree potentially acceptable
- Minimum 3 years of experience in procurement related role
- NIQS (Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors), CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) or APICS (Association for Production and Inventory Control) certification desirable.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.