Legal / Secretarial Officer at A.G Leventis (Nigeria) Plc
Posted on: 8 August, 2017
Deadline: 22 August, 2017
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Leventis
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
A.G Leventis (Nigeria) Plc. is one of the largest bakeries in Nigeria producing highly nutritious variety of bakery products and snacks, with a strong brand presence in Lagos.
- To render assistance to the Company Secretary (CS) in the discharge of Legal/ Secretarial functions and to ensure that the division's clients do not suffer any exposure due to non-compliance with regulations.
- Ensuring that up to date statutory and other records are maintained for each company within the AGL Group and that documents which are required to be filed by law are filed on a timely and accurate basis in accordance with the relevant legislation.
- Ensure that the Company and its subsidiaries comply with Nigerian Laws and Regulations affecting the various businesses.
- Assist the Company Secretary in coordinating the publication and distribution of the company’s annual report and accounts, and interim statements, in consultation with the company‘s internal and external advisers.
- Preparation of board resolutions and extract of Meetings
- Preparation of schedule of meetings
- Annual statutory audit of compliance
- Preparation towards annual general meetings, scanning of all board minutes for record keeping
- Drafting of minutes as may be assigned by the company secretary
Qualifications and Key Competencies
- Candidates must possess at least a second class lower Degree in Law from a recognized University, with post call company secretarial working experience of at least 5 years from a well-established organization.
- Member of Chartered Secretary (ICSA).
- Have knowledge of Company law relating to the Company Secretary’s role.
- Have a good knowledge of the organisation’s own constitution.
- Able to give clear advice on procedural matters.
- Good communication, presentation, research and analysis skills.
- Must be hands-on in interpretation and application of company Secretarial issues.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org on a subject matter - Legal / Secretarial Officer.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about LeventisSimilar Jobs
- Demand Safety Manager- (Contractor) at Diageo
- Category Manager - Dairy at Promasidor Nigeria
- Sales Manager (OWA) - STA at Japan Tobacco International (JTI)
- Henkel Nigeria Recruiting for Marketing Interns
- Junior Accountant at Myjoy Food Industries Limited
- Retail Store Manager at Somotex Nigeria Limited
- Job Opportunities at Mondelez International LLC - Cadbury Nigeria Plc
- Transporters at Sumal Foods Limited