Restaurant Manager at TheJobMag
Posted on: 8 August, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at TheJobMag
'thejobmag.com' is an organisation strongly dedicated to connecting Jobseekers to the right jobs mainly in Nigeria.
We go about this through our website (www.thejobmag.com). This is an online network where you can search and apply for jobs immediately at NO cost to you.
We have two other initiatives that will compliment and ease the job searching experience for all our members. The first is our JOB CENTRE. This is a WALK-IN centre where we provide, CV drop-in service, online job search facilities, career advice, preliminary Employee screenings, trainings and much more. The second initiative is our JOBMAG PUBLICATION which is out on a Bi-weekly basis. It contains all the latest Job Vacancies, Trainings, Articles, Company profiles and much more
Location: Victoria Island
- Manage the restaurant within the policy and guidelines of the company to ensure customers satisfaction and profit maximization
- Plans menus by consulting with chefs; estimates food costs and profits; adjusts menus.
- Controls costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste; ensuring high quality of preparation.
- Maintains ambiance by controlling lighting, linen service, glassware, dinnerware, and utensil quality and placement; monitoring food presentation and service.
- Promote the brand and create awareness through word-of-mouth, restaurant events etc.
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Resolve systemic inventory problems or supply issues with suppliers/vendors
- Ensure that facilities and equipment are maintained to standards
- Coordinate facility upgrades or equipment replacement
- Monitor restaurant speed of service performance and provides coaching to staff
Educational Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hotel Management or other related field
- Minimum 2- 3 years’ proven experience as a Restaurant Manager
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must understand key drivers of running a restaurant business
- Demonstrate aptitude in decision making & problem solving
- Proactive & reliable
- The ideal candidate should be flexible and can work late hours
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Be a Self –starter
- Be able to work collaboratively
- Computer literate
- Planning menus
- Inventory management
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about TheJobMagSimilar Jobs
- Graduate Personal Assistant to the CEO at Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC) Limited
- ICT Officers at AIM Group Limited
- Senior Media Planner/Strategist at Culminate Consulting
- Senior Manager Marketing - Data Products at Ascentech Services Limited
- Engineer: Inshop Technical Support at Lorache Group
- Senior Training Consultant at Ascension Consulting Services
- Mobile & Enterprise Apps | Software Developer at Thinkshifts Limited
- Group Executive Director, Strategy & Digital Transformation at DCSL Corporate Services Limited