If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
DRC has been operating in the West Africa region for over 15 years, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) Guinea, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria and a Regional Office (RO) in Abidjan. DRC has 17 offices and more than 500 staff members across the WA region.
DRC started operating in Nigeria in 2015 where plans to run a combination of emergency, livelihood, WASH, protection and advocacy programmes has been set. DRC currently has offices in Abuja, Yola, Mubi, Maiduguri and Yobe.
Provide support to the programme by undertaking technical and practical operational tasks to ensure smooth, safe and efficient operation of logistical activities in accordance with the Operations Handbook and Program Manual with adherence to the donor guidelines.
- Provide day-to-day supervision to Logistics Assistants to ensure all the vehicles are properly cleaned, road worthy and utilized as per the organization’s polices and maintain documentations.
- Ensure that the allocation of vehicles and drivers is done in an effective manner, in response to authorized transportation requests.
- Ensure issues related to maintenance are reported immediately to the Logistics and Procurement Manager and to owner of the vehicle if hired.
- Ensure that copies of all Logbooks, Maintenance Reports, Fuel Reports and Mileage Reports exist in appropriate files for each month and all data are captured and reported.
- Ensure fuel for vehicles and generators is well managed following DRC procedures.
- Maintain the records of Assets, Equipment in line with the Assets recording system for the country programme.
- Ensure that the assets that are issued to staff are authorized, recorded and necessary paper work exists as per the DRC policy.
- Ensure that all assets are properly maintained and looked after. Any misuse and abuse is reported to the Logistics Manager.
Inventories and Stock Management
- Ensure that all stock items are properly stored and correctly recorded as per the guidelines and the warehouse/stores are well maintained.
- Ensure that the movement of inventories To or From the warehouse & stores are correctly documented; authorized and paper work is done as per procedures.
Power Systems Management
- Ensure all power generation equipment, electric appliances and power systems are well maintained
- Ensure issues related to power systems are timely reported and solutions are sought under the guidance of the Logistics Manager.
- Monthly reports of use and maintenance are produced and submitted to the Logistics Manager.
- Arrange for transportation of goods as required and ensure accurate documentation maintained.
- Arrange for the distribution of programme supplies as per plan and coordinate with programme teams.
- Ensure safe transportation of programme mail pouches to the field offices and the relevant procedures are adhered to by the drivers and mail carriers.
General Work and Filing
- Implement standard DRC logistics systems and procedures
- Provide training and support to other logistics colleagues when requested.
- Ensure health and safety policy is implemented and matters related to are reported to the designated responsible manager.
- Provide technical inputs on procurements related to vehicles, generators & power systems and other technical items required for logistics operations.
- Ensure all paper work is kept according to DRC’s policies and procedures of and filed neatly with supporting documents in respective files.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties requested by line manager, where they do contradict the organization’s policies.
- Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- 2-5 years’ experience in logistics, including procurement, supply chain, fleet management & inventory.
- Knowledge & experience of dealing with service providers and contractors’ management.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel.
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- Understanding and experience of security management.
- Experience from working in an (I)NGO
- Bachelor Degree or higher diploma in logistics and supply chain with relevant professional certification.
- Driving license
Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages.
- Programme staff
- Head of Support Services
- Availability: ASAP
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
The position is for NIGERIAN NATIONALS ONLY.
Method of Application
CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
Applications should be addressed to: “Recruitment Manager” only.
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
Deadline date. 11/08/2017 Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult: www.drc.dk
Interested and qualified? Go to Danish Refugee Council (DRC) career website on candidate.hr-manager.net to apply