If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is the leading Swiss NGO focusing on child rights. It is active in more than 30 countries with development and emergency projects. Tdh focuses its action on the two following areas of intervention: health and protection of particularly vulnerable children. Modern management and communication tools ensure the quality of Tdh’s projects. The Foundation constantly aims to improve its services.
Duration: 6 months if funding available
- In line with the 2017 Humanitarian Needs and Requirement Overview for Nigeria, more than 8 Millions of people require humanitarian assistance, especially located in the Northeastern part of Nigeria, Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe.
- Tdh, present in the South West of Nigeria since 2009 through child protection activities decided to launch an analysis of the situation, with a specific focus on Child Protection, Health and WASH, in the aim to extend its activities to participate to the humanitarian response in the Northeastern part to support the populations affected by the drought, famine and insurgency
- The coordinator is responsible for the management and carrying out of a set of activities within the operational, thematic, administrative, financial or logistical domains, as well as for the corresponding technical support.
- The Child Protection Coordinator will be responsible for providing strategic direction and vision to the Tdh’s Child Protection programming in Nigeria and will be responsible for the overall quality implementation.
- He/She will oversee the Child Protection Managers and provide guidance to the child protection staff to ensure that stated goals and objectives are met, that the projects is appropriately monitored and evaluated, and that project reports are written and submitted in a timely manner
Program Planning and Implementation:
- Provide technical and management leadership to the Child Protection Program in accordance with best practice and Tdh policy;
- Ensure that all planned child protection activities are implemented on time, within the budget, according to quality standards and as per the monthly plan;
- With support from the CP managers, follow quarterly, monthly and weekly activity plans to achieve expected results. This includes planning of activities, and procurement;
- Identifying needs and gaps in programming and proactively suggest new activities to enhance the protection activities;
- Contribute to the development of country sector strategic direction and plans;
- Work closely with various partners to ensure better coordination and representation of Tdh.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Supervise the CP teams and CP managers to conduct regular monitoring and evaluation activities, and on a regular basis liaise with partners to identify gaps and challenges as well as to ensure quality impact of the CP approach;
- Work closely with M&E officer to ensure data are collected to better report on activities and to ensure quality services for beneficiaries;
- Draft monthly reports in addition to other reporting tasks as per donors and partners requirements.
- Identify training needs and develop a capacity building strategy;
- Provide follow-up child protection training where required.
- Coordinate with other humanitarian partners and local authorities in the target areas, as relevant for the effective and efficient implementation of the CP projects;
- Attend Child Protection Working Group meetings and clusters;
- Advocacy and training (internal and external) on CPMS.
Human Ressources Management:
- To carry out necessary recruitment when needed, in respect to the local regulations, in collaboration with the CP Project Managers and in coordination with the Human Resource;
- To provide CP Managers with ongoing staff monitoring, supervision, and support, including regular and constructive feedback.
- Comply with Tdh Security Regulations;
- Reports any security/safety incident and/or risk to the Country representative;
- Informs CP staff in Kirkuk on security rules defined by the Country Program.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
- Commit to respect the Child Safeguarding Policy. Signs the Code of Conduct;
- Report serious cases of abuse on children identified by the Child Protection team to the Country representative. Strict confidentiality must be respected.
- Undertake all other duties that may be determined by the Country representative and that are compatible with the job;
- Maintain and ensure a culture of strict confidentiality - inter Tdh staff and between Tdh staff and non Tdh employees.
- University degree and five year relevant work experience
- Proven technical knowledge and skills in the field of Child Protection
- Prior experience working in emergency settings or insecure environments
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building and mentoring of national and international staff
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well
- Fluency in English required (spoken and written)
Swiss salaried contract 3’400 CHF (2’950 €) < > 4’750 CHF (4’100 €) net /month according to experience x 13 times, Vacancy: 25 days annual leaves local accommodation and transportation, Health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) career website on tdh.luceosolutions.com to apply