If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Student Accommod8 (SA8) is an indigenous Purpose Built Student Accommodation Developer and Manager with developments across SW Nigeria. SA8’s headquarters is in Lagos, Nigeria.
Our team is growing and we are looking to recruit a RESIDENCE/HOUSE MANAGER that will be responsible for managing our residences, directly reporting to the Operations Manager at the Head Office. The Residence Manager will be supported by Facilities Management staff.
Bachelors degree or equivalent in Real Estate Management, HR, Education, Management in Operations/Business, Facilities/Hospitality or similar field from a reputable university.
At least 8-10 years’ work experience with at least 4 years in the capacity of Manager in Hospitality, Facilities Management or Hostel Management.
INDIVIDUAL QUALITIES/COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Superior ORGANISATIONAL SKILLS- with the ability to multi-task and prioritise work load.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills coupled with a keen eye for detail.
- Enthusiastic attitude with great persuasive negotiation skills.
- Team leader with the ability to influence and motivate the team positively.
- Quick thinking and a natural problem-solver
- Ability to work independently and proactive in approach to work.
- Personable and approachable in relating with colleagues, service providers and tenants alike.
- Computer literate with sound working knowledge of Microsoft applications and other relevant software.
- Confident assertive personality.
- DRIVEN BY CUSTOMER SATISFACTION and PERSONAL INTEGRITY
- Previous experience in managing Student hostels (at the tertiary level) in the private/govt sector is highly desirable.
Full-time House Manager responsible for coordinating and supervising all activities at the residences and the main point of contact for Prospective and Current residents at SH.
- Manage tenant application process for SYCAMORE HOUSE (to include interviewing candidates, filing etc).
- Develop and maintain a database of potential tenants from all enquiries.
- Incident reporting/ timely escalation to head office.
- Manage & supervise regular property maintenance and annual renovations.
- Facilities management- identify and manage suitable service providers: cleaners, security etc
- Develop and maintain an accurate expenditure schedule for all expenses incurred at the residence along with the relevant paperwork (invoicing and receipts).
- Head office weekly reporting- on all activities on site for the week.
- Accurate and up to date Record keeping:
- Tenant information along with their guarantor/parents information;
- All Invoices/Receipts; and
- All Bills/ notices etc
- Responsible for Health and safety awareness at the residence.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the residences.
- Handle all enquiries from the tenants and maintain records of all issues. Ensure all reports are sent into head office.
- Promote the S8 brand and champion our vision in the minds of our tenants and other stakeholders.
- Along with the Ops and VAS manager implement a thorough negotiation process for all procurement activities at SH.
- Ensure all SH bills and subscriptions are paid in a timely manner (PHCN/Insurance etc)
- Liaise with the SA8 Finance/Accounts manager to plan SH budget on a monthly basis.
- Report on SH operations on a monthly basis to MD/COO.
- Support other business functions as and when required
- Develop and maintain a log of all SH fixed assets
- Develop and update a maintenance schedule for all facilities at SH. Ensure that the service record for all appliances/facilities is up to date
- Obtain required approvals for SH from Head office
- Enforce the regulations of SH in line with the guidelines in the residence manual
- Assist in rent collection from tenants and sending notices to outstanding/due new/renewal payments.
- Assist SA8 business operations as and when required.
Method of Application
Interested candidates that meet the requirements above should send a CV with a short cover letter