We are an Industrial Engineering firm and general contractors and have been providing top-notch customer service since 1998.
In the intervening years, we have handled projects of high international standards and collaborated with experts from all over the world.
Karbak has clients all over Nigeria and are looking forward to expand our services to West Africa and beyond. Our clients come from various sectors of the economy ranging from oil and gas to the food and beverage industries.
Some of our clients include many multinational companies such as Cadbury, Coca Cola,Guinness, Nigerian Breweries Plc, to mention but a few. We pride ourselves on providing not only competitive pricing, but service that goes above and beyond what our competitors offer. Our staff comprises of highly qualified and experienced engineers, technicians and operations personnel who are attentive to your needs and can deliver on your projects on time and to cost.
Our service record speaks for itself.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information
- Manage assigned projects including coordination with a multi-discipline design team and oversight of production assigned to junior staff
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Design HVAC and interior piping systems for commercial applications
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Perform hydraulic, pressure loss and pump head calculations
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Attend design and/or construction meetings as required
- Perform construction site visits as required
- Provide overall direction for design team from inception to completion on a project-specific basis
- Effective technical skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Teamworking skills.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word and Project
- Proficiency (working knowledge important) in AutoCAD
- First Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years experience + 1 year experience in a managerial role
- Experience in the FMCG industry
go to method of application »
- Applies expert product knowledge and seasoned experience to broader scope and more complex problems and projects during KVL’s site operations.
- Works independently to establish design requirements, conceptualize, plan and execute designs.
- Installing conveyors, structures, etc.
- Working with a team to set up a structure from scratch
- Regularly takes a lead role in assigned projects as assigned by the Operations Manager
- Trains, monitors and coaches team members to improve skill level, to ensure adherence to principles, policies and standards and to improve safety, quality and process reliability in a cost effective manner.
- Support installation and commissioning of instrumentation systems
- Interfaces with technical professionals inside and outside the local organization
- Solicits understanding and support of line managers for major projects
- Uses creativity and independent judgment to formulate results based on principles, experience and constructive thinking
- Makes field trips with sales and service personnel with new products and technical applications.
- Develops unique solutions for complex technical problems including the design of new systems or the development of solutions having few or no precedents
- Anticipates potential problems, and proactively solves complex problems through creative thinking using internal and external resources.
- Ensures that assignments meet standards and performance requirements within area of expertise
- Provides “Process Support” as required, for all new projects which includes: attending design review for equipment and tools, reviewing installation procedures, assisting with project Factory Acceptance Tests and reviewing project training requirements for service personnel.
- Maintains communication with Company Representative on issues including job procedures, spare parts requirements, function fit and critical dimension measurements.
- Maintains communication with the Operations Manager on issues including job procedures, spare parts requirements, function fit and critical dimension measurements.
- Assists with training of less experienced process technicians.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Practical experience of general plumbing and heating
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to manage own time effectively
- Full clean driving licence
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies
- Mechanical engineering experience in a commercial environment
- Construction site experience
- Ability to read drawings and plans
- Computer literate
- Problem solving skills
- Experience of leading a small team
- Self-driven, proactive and results-oriented with a positive outlook, a clear focus on quality and delivering value
- Must be reliable
- Must be a fast learner.
- Must be punctual and ready to work as required
- Must be able to get on with others and be a team-player
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Field Experience in the FMCG industry an advantage
Application Deadline: 3pm 8th August, 2017
go to method of application »
We are looking for a reliable logistics manager to be responsible for the overall supply chain management. You will organise and monitor the storage and distribution of goods.
The goal is to manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
DUTIES INCLUDE (but not limited to):
- Maintain and implement proforma / budget for each project
- Negotiate pricing contracts with subcontractors and suppliers
- Issue purchase orders for procurement and expedition of materials and equipment for jobs
- Meet subcontractors and suppliers on-site as necessary
- Ensure compliance to project budgets and provide analysis of deviations
- Ensure accurate takeoffs to ensure budgets are accurate
- Research new materials for design and cost savings
- Develop and implement new purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification
- Maintain relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
- Establish new relationships with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of work
- Assist in ensuring awareness and company compliance to all codes and local construction guidelines
- Assist in maintaining company quality control program
- Leverage technology, safety measures, and information sharing to increase productivity and profitability
- Assist in settling invoice or contract disputes
- Handle change order requests
- Forecast upcoming demand
- Maintain sub/supplier information
- Manage materials/equipment inventory
- Proven working experience as a logistics manager
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Proficient in standard logistics software
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- First degree in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain
Method of Application
Send your CVs and cover letter Indicate the position you are applying for in the email subject. Applications that do not follow this format will be disregarded.