Jumia - We started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful companies such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car and Jumia Services.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
- As Treasury Operations Manager you would be required to ensure the accurate accounting & administration of the tax and treasury matters & support the business with tax and treasury requirements.
- Effectively partner with Revenue Operations, Accounts Payable, Corporate Sales, Retail etc. to identify needs and develop solutions to improve financial and process performance and maintain relationships with key internal and external business partners.
- Understand, manage, and supervise all aspects of cash flow.
- Forecast & monitor daily/weekly/monthly cash requirements and execute daily financing decisions through cash flow forecasts and financial modelling.
- Evaluate, develop and implement cash management systems to optimize efficiencies at all our hubs and Third-Party Logistics partners.
- Understand and manage appropriate accounting procedures and processes for all types of payments and collections, including new support for new initiatives.
- Manage relationships with financial service providers.
- Monitor bank service fees and address quality issues.
- Filing of Tax returns and ensuring that all tax liabilities (VAT, WHT, PAYE, CIT) are processed and remitted timely.
- Continuously review developments/changes in tax policies ensuring that such information is effectively communicated and with appropriate actions taken
- Monthly review of the group’s financial results from a tax perspective and sign off that all tax matters are in order
- Maintain and circulate a monthly log of all open tax issues (with actions and timelines for closure)
- Maintain the group legal entity structure ensuring it is structured in an optimal manner (in conjunction with the group legal department)
- Prepare and file (working with external tax advisors) annual tax returns
- Manage relationship with all relevant external advisors and regulators
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of 6 years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- Relevant accounting qualification, Tax and Treasury qualifications
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Jumia Nigeria career website on africainternetgroup.peoplehr.net to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.