If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Management Sciences for Uealth (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world's poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. we live our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world's poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
POSITION: TECHNICAL OFFICER
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) currently provides technical assistance to Akwa lbom State with funding from USAID through the PLAN-Health project. One ofthe key result areas for the PLAN-Health project is to strengthen institutional capacity of NHIS and CSOS in select communities to provide equitable access to quality health care through Community Based Health Insurance Scheme. The project therefore seeks to recruit a Technical Officer as part of the team working with Akwa lbom State and the SHELL funded CBHI in Rivers State in implementing CBHI schemes at the two locations.
The Technical Officer will accomplish the under listed in in collaboration with the team:
- Develop an operational plan based on the strategic plan for the implementation of the Community Based Health Insurance (CBHI) scheme in Akwa Ibom especially the start-up/inception plans
- Conduct a stakeholder analysis and develop a comprehensive inventory of stakeholders that will facilitate successful implementation of CBHI in the state
- Provide technical assistance support to the community as needed to use CBHI management tools to ensure successful start up
- Build and manage professional relationships with key stakeholders in Akwa Ibom State and SHELL CBHI scheme including Health Care Providers (HCPs), Community, LGA and others to implement the scheme. Assist the Technical Advisor and team on integrating clients’ needs for institutional capacity building for all stakeholders into Community Based Health Insurance program.
- Promote service utilization through effective mobilization of stakeholders and community members
- Provide reliable, high-quality follow through on all obligations to clients and other stakeholders
- Bring pending needs for short and long term technical assistance to the attention of the Technical Advisor in a timely manner.
- Provide information for monitoring and tracking all PLAN-Health CBSHIP projects process level and community indicators, activities and technical assistance in Akwa-Ibom and Rivers state
The technical officer is required to apply his/her specialized training, expertise and experience in health insurance programming to achieve the objectives of the scheme. He/ She is expected to be familiar with Community Based Health Insurance implementation, PEPFAR and HIV/AIDS service delivery in Nigeria and have a good knowledge of the expectations and demands of USAID and other international donor agencies.
Supervised by: Technical Advisor.
The Technical Officer will be supervised by the Technical Advisor overseeing implementation of CBHI and PBF in MSH PLAN-Health project. He /She will work effectively with other colleagues in MSH Nigeria.
- Advanced degree – preferably in health, social sciences and relevant field.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in capacity building in Nigeria
- Experience in Health Care financing with focus on CBHI and PBF preferred)
- Experience working in or with public sector organizations, particularly in the health field and good knowledge of the Public Health System in Nigeria.
- Knowledge of PEPFAR-funded programs and experience in managing relationships with USAID missions preferred.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, and to contribute to developing a new project in a dynamic environment.
- Proven programmatic and technical ability and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with professional colleagues in a broad range of indigenous governmental organizations and NGO.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong facilitation skills
- Ability to produce results in diverse cultural, social, and language contexts.
- Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Method of Application
Click: Here To Apply