If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Damco is one of the world's leading third party logistics providers specializing in customized freight forwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has 10,800 employees in over 300 offices across 90 countries and representation in a further 30 countries. In 2011, the company had a net turnover of USD 2.8 billion, managed more than 2.5 million TEU of ocean freight and supply chain management volumes and air freighted more than 110,000 tones.
Damco Benin, a vibrant, fast growing and performance driven organization, seeks a Customer Service Executive.
In return for your passion you will benefit from working within an organisation that truly believes in promoting from within. You will become a part of a winning culture and part of an open, friendly and ambitious team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Open-minded, good communicator, aware of differences, culturally and otherwise and ability to use this knowledge
- Ambitious and result oriented self starter with initiative and strong drive
- At least 2 years Customer service experience within this industry or similar
- Out of the box approach to End to End Solution mapping.
1.) Contribution to strategic direction of logistics activities within the country
- Recommend changes to existing activities.
2.) Customer Intimacy with the client.
- Take responsibility for the daily operational and customer service related tasks as well as back-up for operations team as agreed.
- Inform the customer in a pro-active & professional manner of key steps of the delivery process and of the delay or others exceptions that may occur and impact otherwise informed delivery schedule.
- Suggest and roll out initiatives to improve the client satisfaction
- Respond to clients by maintaining the communication line between them and DAMCO at the operational level.
- Drive all operations activities relative to the delivery or the loading of cargos.
- Check the correctness of the received documents needed for the service enquired
- Open the files in PRISM according to the KPIs
- Ensure that files are dispatched to agents (relevant parties) for operations without delay
- Coordinate all the operations activities from files opening up to transmission to invoicing desk and return of empty containers.
3.) Drive clearing activities
- Supervise the preparation of customs declarations
- Maintain good relationship and cooperation with customs
- Perform eventual follow up and specific interventions with customs for different files
- Offer advises to clients in respect of customs regimes
- Ensure that all kind of customs fines are completely avoided
- Promptly, take actively necessary actions.
4.) Perform Customs Claim prevention
- Put in place specific and formal IOP for preparation of declarations (Either in French or English).
- Ensure that monitor/control systems are put in place and that 100% of transit bonds or any similar bonds are timely closed.
- Act accordingly to given authorisations.
5.) Develop recommendations for execution strategy
- Develop Service Delivery Dashboard template - standard set of KPI , and targets for new and existing clients.
6.) Establish structure and procedures for the service delivery
- Develop and maintain SOPs/ IOPs for all the different forwarding/clearing activities and transport process
- Lead, motivate and coach team members through adequate delegation of responsibility and providing of leadership in execution of forwarding and clearing activities; of delivery and transport processes.
7.) Invoice Management
- Ensure all files are dispatched no later than 24 hours, to Finance for invoicing, upon the completion of the delivery.
8.) Delivery Performance
- Drive value to clients' base and increase profitability by improved time management. Deliveries to client premises as per set deadline, this avoiding additional demurrage and detention charges from both shipping line and Terminal to clients. Port Transit should not exceed 02 Days - Trucking Transit should not exceed 05 days for Niamey.
- Offer solutions to challenges and resolve issues that are critical to improve performance and profitability for both the company and the customer on a day-to day level.
Method of Application
Method of Application Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online. Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.