The Operations Center Paris – OCP- Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is recruiting for its project in Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Since 2015, MSF is running a clinic in PHC dedicated to victims of rape and Sexual Violence. MSF is offering medical care, psychological and social support to victims. All services provided by MSF are free and MSF ensures full confidentiality for every patient.
- In collaboration with and in support of the clinic teams:
- Provide for immediate personal and social needs of victims for clothing, food, transportation.
- Provide information to victims regarding available social services and assist in accessing those services.
- Assist in identifying and implementing the appropriate options for victim protection on a case-by-case basis, when needed. Plan, deliver and engage in protection interventions as appropriate with children, minors, families, groups and organizations.
- Arrange and then serve as mediator between a victim and her/his family.
- Deliver social work service in collaboration with other disciplines/agencies as required, in appropriate settings reflecting the needs of the victim.
Networks and Referrals
- Develop, update and maintain a comprehensive social actor’s map of key networks, referral sources, protection and advocacy services and organizations.
- Evaluate different social welfare providers by developing evaluation criteria, designing forms for use in evaluation and conducting evaluation of structures, on-site services or material. Provide written recommendations to MTL and PC.
- Develop and actively maintain up-to-date referral procedures with relevant service providers.
- Deliver social work service in collaboration with other disciplines /agencies as required, in appropriate settings reflecting the needs of the victim.
- Liaise with MSF Outreach Officer regarding social actor mapping.
- Provide assistance for community based referrals from the outreach team, the outreach peer worker program and the outreach community volunteer program
Formal, completed university degree in social work will be preferenced
- Two years minimum in a similar social work position
- Experience working with NGO’s desirable.
- Excellent command of English language, both verbal and written.
- Essential, local pigin languages.
- Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service
- Demonstrated ability to be empathic with and treat others with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrates experience of applying evidence based practice.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative on projects and follow through with results.
Port Harcourt, Nigeria
- This recruitment is for 1 full-time positions on an indefinite contract.
- 208 working hours per month.
Monthly Gross salary of 189,000 NGN (one hundred and eighty nine thousand Naira only) plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
Method of Application
Applications to include cover letter, CV and contact information. No other documents are required at this initial stage.
Applications should be submitted by email to:
Or in person to the MSF Administration Office in Port Harcourt (“Application Box” green box at the gate).
Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
Note: only successful applicants will be called for interview
Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.