The Population Council is a not-for-profit organization that performs biomedical, public health, and social science research. The organization focuses on areas such as HIV and AIDS; poverty, gender, and youth; and reproductive health. Specifically, it conducts research on sociological topics like gender inequality, population trends, and sexuality education; it also assists international governments with policy and program development as they pertain to these issues. The Population Council has more than 15 offices in more than 60 countries around the world. It is typically funded by governments, foundations, individuals, and other organizations. The council was founded in 1952 by John D. Rockefeller III.
To provide reliable and courteous transportation service to staff and maintain vehicle documentation.
- Operate and maintain vehicles with a focus on safety and passenger courtesy.
- Assist passengers courteously, and help with their baggage where necessary.
- Reads and interpret maps and driving directions to plan the most efficient route services.
- Keep assigned vehicles clean inside and outside.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records as requested by management, including vehicle logs and vehicle documentation.
- Performs minor maintenance tasks on assigned vehicles, including general upkeep, and checking for example oil, water, break, clutch fluid, tyre pressures. Ensure any faults are promptly and appropriately reported.
- Fuel vehicle.
- Coordinate the schedule for major or periodic vehicle maintenance with management and staff to minimize service interruptions.
- Run ad hoc errands.
- Ensure that vehicles are parked in safe compounds, especially on overnight stays.
- Ensure that tool kits are in vehicles and that they are complete.
- Ensure policies regarding security and communications are followed.
- Level of Education – Completion of Secondary School
- Two years’ work experience in driving with NGO
- Specialist Training/Qualification – Certificate of driver mechanic trade test
- Valid Driver’s license
- Knowledge of the local terrain, that is, Kaduna State.
- General Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Excellent
- Language Requirements – English – Good
- Ability to interact in cross-cultural setting with ease.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should please submit the following documents:
Current CV with a cover letter
A copy of Mechanic Trade Test
A copy of valid Driver's license
Interested and qualified? Go to Population Council career website on www4.recruitingcenter.net to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.