Founded in 2007, the International Association of Public Health Logisticians (IAPHL) is a global community of practice that promotes the professional development of people working in public health supply chain management. IAPHL is dedicated to improving public health supply chain management (SCM) and commodity security by promoting the professional development of public health logisticians. The association supports logisticians worldwide by providing a community of practice where members can network, exchange ideas, and improve their professional skills.
IAPHL has grown remarkably from an initial listserv created for 30 alumni from a training held in South Africa for a USAID-funded JSI project, to a membership of almost 4,000 members in 138 countries as of October 2016. It has attracted members from important donors and funders, including USAID, UNICEF, UNFPA, WHO, GAVI, and the Global Fund. Thanks to collaborative efforts undertaken since 2013, and the rich online discussions that have resulted, IAPHL’s network has expanded to include people working in specialized areas such as vaccine supply chains and humanitarian assistance. IAPHL is widely recognized in the global health supply chain community as the premier community of practice in the sector
JSI seeks to fill the position of IAPHL Program Officer (PO). This is a full-time position based in Abuja, Nigeria. The PO will report directly to the IAPHL Executive Director
The PO will support the Executive Director in managing the IAPHL membership. Specifically, the PO’s responsibilities include the following:
- Approve and welcome new members
- Respond to individual queries from the IAPHL email address and the listserve
- Regularly review, edit, and approve messages posted to the IAPHL listserve
- Post messages on behalf of the IAPHL team to the listserve
Contributions to IAPHL growth:
- Carry out proposed activities that contribute to the expansion of IAPHL’s membership, and services
- Content Generation: For the IAPHL Website and social media. This may include: development of written documents, connecting with outside vendors, purchasing of materials, conducting online research, developing content for the website etc.
- Membership data
- Continuously update the member list and update the membership summary information accordingly
Development of Annual Member Survey:
- With input from the team, develop the online annual member survey
- Disseminate survey and monitor results
- Write-up and analysis of results to be applied to future program activities
- Schedule meetings, set up conference calls, and take notes during meetings
- Working with other JSI administrative personnel, book trips and ensure JSI policies are followed.
- Add documents to Resource Library
- Update Member Spotlights
- Manage Social Media: Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Update Website: News Items, Events, Slider images
- Export Monthly data and maintain statistics
- Moderated Discussion Summaries
- May be called upon to support other JSI projects on a limited, as needed, basis.
- Bachelor’s degree and two to three years of work experience in the field of international health, supply chain, or communications coordination experience. Masters degree an advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; full professional fluency in English required. Proficiency in French, Spanish, or other major foreign language a plus.
- Strong initiative and self-motivation required, with a commitment to teamwork and effectiveness within a non- hierarchical, participatory management environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Excel
- Experience with event coordination and support
- Experience with USAID and/or other donor agencies a plus.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to John Snow Inc - JSI career website on www.johnsnow.org to apply