Amo Byng Nigeria Limited was established in 1987 to produce high quality Feed Concentrates, and Finished feeds. We supply our products to farmers all over the country and in West Africa. Our main objective is to operate a state-of-the-art Feed mill that will consistently provide the best quality products available in Nigeria.
- Job TypeFull Time
Abia, Abuja, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti, Enugu, Gombe, Imo, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun
- Job Field
AIMS AND PURPOSES OF POST
The role of the NFSR is to work within rural communities in their allocated States and to undertake community profiles to evidence the impact of the Noiler birds in the livelihood of the rural dwellers in Nigeria in accurate reporting and data gathering.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties of the post holder will include
- Engaging with individuals, groups and organizations in each community,
- Generate Small Holder Families or Women (SHFs/W) to off-take Noiler birds from Mother Unit Farmers.
- Delivering presentations that communicates the aims of Amo Noiler and the supporting strategies. To be able to meet with and deliver presentations to a mix of audiences, from formal meetings with town and community councils to informal meetings with groups of women, using a range of methods to consult with women and youth.
- Write reports on each community giving a profile of existing circumstances and highlighting need.
- It is essential to this post that the post holder is able to communicate verbally in the local language
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of the both individuals and families with Noiler birds.
- Identify and work in partnership with other developmental agencies within the state.
- Work on developing skills and knowledge in appropriate consultation methods for Women and Youth.
PERSON SPECIFICATION QUALIFICATIONS
Educated to degree level
- Experience of field work or community consultation
- Experience of undertaking desk based research
- Experience of working with statistics
APTITUDES / SKILLS
- An understanding of women's rights
- Ability to develop working relations with statutory, voluntary and community groups
- Understanding of data protection and issues of confidentiality
- Ability to gather, evaluate and disseminate good practice
- Ability to support and motivate voluntary and community groups
- Ability to work effectively as part of team and on own initiative
- IT literate including ability to use word, excel and powerpoint
- Valid driving licence and use of vehicle
- Ability to deliver presentations suitable for a range of audiences
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing to a range of audiences
- Ability to provide information that supports the work of the team
- Ability to communicate in local language both verbally and in written presentations
MEETING DEADLINES / PRIORITISING
- Ability to prioritize workloads and manage time effectively
- Ability to write reports to deadline
Ability to work effectively on own initiative
Ability to work evenings and weekends and holidays as required and to travel widely within the state
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below