Senior HR Manager at IROKO Partners Limited
Posted on: 14 July, 2017
Deadline: 1 August, 2017
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View All Jobs at iROKO Partners Ltd
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
IROKO is Africa's leading entertainment technology company. Launched in 2010, by Jason Njoku and Bastian Gotter, it is one of the most talked about African internet start-ups, thanks to its flagship Nollywood movie platform iROKOtv. Head quartered in Lagos, Nigeria, the company has pioneered Video-On-Demand for Nollywood content (Nigerian movies) and has aggregated the world's largest online catalogue of African content, totaling 10,000+ hours.
- Reporting to the CFO, the Human Resource Manager will identify, direct, plan and carry out all Human Resources objectives and projects across the Lagos HR Team.
- They will manage a Lagos HR team of five and ensure that they deliver the highest standard of support, advice and administrative output for IROKO’s global workforce.
- They will also coordinate with the global team and support and plan all global HR policies, change management, as well as managing employee relations cases from start to conclusion as they pertain to the Lagos employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop all HR, Talent Acquisition and Learning and Development strategy for the Lagos Office in conjunction with Global HR
- Develop L&D programmes for the Lagos employees
- Manage and develop team of five in Lagos
- Manage all Compensation & Benefits and Immigration and work visas for the Lagos office
- Oversee all Lagos talent acquisition and retention
- Provide and oversee all frontline Lagos employee relations advice and support for the Lagos IROKO office
- Oversee all Lagos administrative requirements and references.
- HR Qualification preferred, and an excellent knowledge of Nigerian employment legislation and working practices is essential
- Knowledge of New York State employment law a plus
- Knowledge of UK employment law a plus
- Knowledge of emerging markets a plus
- Demonstrated people management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with strong emotional intelligence
- High levels of honesty and integrity always
- Professional and friendly manner, both face to face and on the telephone
- A clear communicator, in person and writing
- The ability to deal with sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality
- Must have confidence and gravitas to promote HR best practice throughout the organisation including at a senior level
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective organisational skills, with the ability to be flexible when required
- Comfortable working in a busy and often deadline orientated environment
- Commercially minded with good numerical/financial understanding
- IT literate - strong proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A "can do" attitude and aptitude for problem solving
- A team player, able to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels in the business
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's to: email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about iROKO Partners LtdSimilar Jobs
- Broadcast Journalist (Video) - Igbo at the BBC World Service
- Marketing/Advertising Officer at Giantability Media Network Limited
- Career Opportunities at The BBC
- Fresh Jobs at CEOAFRICA
- Latest Recruitment at MultiChoice
- Digital Marketing & Sales Manager at Freeme Digital Limited
- UI/UX Designer at Do Media Limited
- Fresh Vacancies at Maxima Productions Company