Cash Preparedness Delegate at The British Red Cross
Posted on: 14 July, 2017
Deadline: 30 July, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at British Red Cross
The British Red Cross helps millions of people in the UK and around the world to prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies, disasters and conflicts. Our volunteers and staff help people in crisis to live independently by providing support at home, mobility aids and transport. We also teach first aid skills. We are part of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent humanitarian network. We refuse to ignore people in crisis.
3 Months Fixed-Term Contract
The British Red Cross (BRC) in partnership with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is currently looking for an experienced Cash Preparedness Delegate to work within the ICRC delegation in Abuja, Nigeria.
- The cash preparedness delegate will be responsible for providing technical support for the design and implementation of initial activities of a cash preparedness capacity building project in Nigeria. The main purpose of the role is to support the Nigerian Red Cross National Society (NRCS) and the National Emergency Management Authority (NEMA) in the development of a detailed project plan aiming to enhance the two organisations' capacity and preparedness to deliver humanitarian responses through cash.
- The delegate will help the two recipient organisations in identifying the gaps in terms of their capacity to deliver cash in a timely manner and at scale in a situation of emergency. The delegate will also support them in developing an action plan outlining the activities to be undertaken in order for the two organisations to increase their capacities. This cash preparedness capacity building project will be based on the cash preparedness model of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement.
- The delegate will be in charge of leading on the gap analysis process, organising a start-up workshop involving all key stakeholders at NRCS and NEMA and adapting and facilitating trainings of different levels on cash. The cash and markets specialist will also be expected to adapt programme tools and potentially conduct initial activities before handing over his work to the ICRC cash delegates and the delegate who will support the implementation of the work plan.
- This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement and to contribute to building its expertise in cash transfer programming. This position offers the opportunity to work on a project developed in collaboration by the ICRC and the British Red Cross and to strengthen the relationship between the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement and National authorities in Nigeria. This role will entail a lot of coordination, and will therefore require great communication, diplomacy and interpersonal skills.
The contract will be a 3 month assignment. This role will be based in the Abuja with potential field travel.
Key experiences and skills required:
- Extensive experience in managing cash and markets based assistance and capacity building humanitarian projects
- Excellent technical skills in cash transfer programming and knowledge of cash preparedness methodology
- Experience in responding to sudden onset disasters or protracted crises and good understanding of response mechanisms at national level
- Very good coordination skills and experience working with different stakeholders including government organisations
- Fluent English language skills
- Previous experience living and working in sub-saharan Africa
- Education degree in Economics, Business Administration or any related field. Masters preferred.
- Knowledge of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement an asset
- Experience of delivering trainings and education skills an asset
- Willingness to work with flexible hours during potential field travel and in hazardous security environments
- ICRC Operational & field constraints
- In line with the principle of neutrality, the ICRC does not assign personnel to a country of which they are nationals - Please indicate which passports you hold in your supporting statement.
- Candidates must be in good health and will have to do a medical check-up prior to departure in the field
- Candidates must possess a driving license (for manual transmission vehicles)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to British Red Cross career website on jobs.redcross.org.uk to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about British Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- CGPP Project Coordinator at the International Medical Corps
- Medical Jobs at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Job Opportunities at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Job Openings at Action Against Hunger
- Latest Recruitment at Plan International Nigeria
- Human Resource Manager, Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS) at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at the International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Consultants at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)