TRC Companies, Inc. a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is a national engineering consulting and construction management firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
Tracking Code: 220777-992
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
- Cloud Architect is responsible for engineering AWS cloud-based infrastructure and operational tools, managing capacity and performance of infrastructure, and utilizing or developing automation tools to work with AWS cloud-based infrastructure.
- Ideal candidates will have 2 to 4 years experience managing AWS systems and 2 to 4 years utilizing configuration management tools to do system automation and management.
- They will be familiar with AWS standards and procedures as well as an understanding of system security best practice.
- This position has high creative latitude but also requires the ability to share knowledge with the team members and the larger AWS community.
- Designing and building infrastructure to support our AWS-based Cloud services and infrastructure.
- Creating and utilizing tools to monitor our applications and services in the cloud including system health indicators, trend identification, and anomaly detection.
- Automating system build outs and the application deployment process.
- Working with development teams to help engineer scalable, reliable, and resilient software running in the cloud.
- Enhancing monitoring of systems, services and hardware to solve problems before they become problems for our customers.
- Analyzing and monitor performance bottlenecks and key metrics in order to optimize software and system performance.
- Providing analytics and forecasts for cloud capacity, troubleshooting analysis, and uptime.
- BS in Computer Science or corresponding experience preferred
- 2 - 4 years of cloud-based Operations background
- Understanding concepts such as distributed systems, alerting, monitoring, logging, and incident management.
- Understanding of one or more programming languages such as Python (preferred).
- Experience with highly available distributed Linux server environments.
- Understanding of Linux core fundamentals, command-line operations, scripting, and service monitoring.
- Experience with SQL and noSQL
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with automation and configuration management
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies, working in small teams, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Firm understanding of networking concepts and technologies.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401(k) plan with company match.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to TRC Companies, Inc. career website on trccompanies.silkroad.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale