The University of Lagos was established in 1962 by an Act of Parliament of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to encourage the advancement of learning. Located in the urban and commercial city of Lagos, with the main campus in Akoka, two other campuses are the Yaba campus and the College of Medicine, University of Lagos (CMUL) Idi-Araba campus. The University caters for both full time and part time students. The University has an overall student population of about 50,000 (regular and part-time at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels). It has a staff strength of over five thousand.
- The occupier of the Dr. Mike Adenuga (Jnr.) Professorial Chair in Entrepreneurial Studies shall be expected to teach and supervise existing or newly designed courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels in Entrepreneurship and carry out research in any specialized area of Entrepreneurship.
- He/She shall deliver, from time to time, Public Lectures in Entrepreneurship to stimulate and enhance Industry/Academia cooperation through the use of research findings in Entrepreneurship.
- In addition to the regular public lectures, the occupier of the Dr. Mike Adenuga (Jnr.) Professorial Chair in Entrepreneurial Studies must deliver a Special Annual Lecture.
- He/She must also deliver a Special Terminal Public Lecture on his/her accomplishments at the end of the tenure.
- The successful applicant on being appointed, would be addressed as Dr. Mike Adenuga (Jnr.)Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must possess:
- A good First Degree and a Ph.D in Entrepreneurship or Business Administration (specialization in Entrepreneurship) from a reputable University.
- Not less than ten (10) years of teaching and research experience from the date of appointment as Lecturer II in a University.
- Must have been an Associate Professor for at least three (3) years or Senior Lecturer for at least six (6) years at the time of application.
- An impeccable record of teaching and Continuing Research in Entrepreneurship.
- Administrative and academic leadership skills as well as communication and interpersonal skills.He/She must be of proven integrity.
- Appreciable evidence of Scholarly publications in reputable national and international journals.
The Chair has a tenure of two years in the first instance and may be renewed for another two years
Conditions of Service
As contained in the approved University of Lagos Conditions of Service governing Senior Staff.
An enhanced basic salary package (i.e. CONUASS 7 plus 20% mark-up). Other perquisites include:
- Transport (car and driver)
- Research allowance
- Journal allowance
- Learned society subscription allowance
- Local transport and travelling
- Books and periodicals
- Housing allowance
Method of Application
Applicants are to submit three bound copies of publications along with ten (10) copies of detailed application and curriculum vitae which should include:
- Names in full
- Place and date of birth
- Home address
- Postal address
- Telephone No. (Landline/Mobile)
- Marital status
- Number and Ages of children
- Secondary and Post-Secondary Education - (including dates and institutions)
- Academic and Professional Qualifications (including distinction and credits with dates)
- Statements of Experience
- Detailed list of publications
- Other activities outside current employment
- Name and address of three referees
- Proposed date of availability for duties, if appointed.
Candidates are to complete an online application and attach the acknowledgement print-out to their written application: Click Here To Submit Applications Online
All application and supporting materials (10 copies) should be submitted to:
Human Resource Management Department,
2nd Floor, Senate House,
University of Lagos,
Mobile No: 08029914599.
Further enquiries should be directed to:
Office of Advancement,
University of Lagos,
Mobile No: 08037257799
Interested and qualified? Go to University of Lagos career website on recruitment.unilag.edu.ng to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale