e.Stream Networks Limited, an ISO9001 Quality Certified company is a licensed broadband communications provider dedicated to providing suitable connectivity solutions for businesses.With over a decade in the ICT sector and presence all over Nigeria, we leverage on providing a unique combination of industry experience and expertise in our service offering to all our clients across the country.
Reports to: GM Technical
- Responsible for managing the network operations team in-order to deploy quality service, maintain 99.9 % service availability and provide proactive network efficiency by delivering prompt service support at 1st and 2nd level of escalations.
- Services to be deployed and supported are Internet and VPN which are deployed via various last-mile access technologies such as VSAT, Optic Fiber, Microwave Radio, Wifi and Outdoor 4G LTE.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic Insight and Integration:
- Provide clear direction on all Operational Process and Procedures (both tactical and strategic goals) for an efficient network operations.
- Development and adhering of standard operating procedures for deploying all our products and services.
- Develop the unit annual budget and providing inputs to the departmental annual budget.
- Provide technological innovation to deploy more services which are cost effective.
- Keep abreast with latest happenings in Last-mile access technologies.
- Attend project & departmental meetings
Technical / Analysis and Problem Solving:
- Ensures eStream services are deployed in accordance to the quality standard and specifications.
- Ensures proactive monitoring of all services to deliver 99.9% availability.
- Ensures that there is no course to revisit sites deployed within 6months.
- Provide proactive technical solutions on network issues escalated to the 2nd level.
- Ensures 90% implementation of the annual maintenance plan
- Ensure all resolvable issues (within control) are resolved within the specified OLA time.
- Ensure team maintains and updates knowledge base related to supported technologies and applications
- Manage Regional Field Service engineers for optimal network operations.
- Team lead special deployment projects.
- Regular training of Service Desk team members for effective 1st level troubleshooting
- Regular coaching of direct reports
Interpersonal, Relationship Management & Collaboration:
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with other departments, teams and Clients.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors in delivering quality service.
- Provide and present companywide Weekly Operational Status reports including Service Deployment Report to all stake holder.
- Escalate 3rd level issues (not within control) to OEM’s; 3rd party providers and SM Network Planning & Optimization.
- Ensure adherence to customer specification and SLA
- Prompt resolution of 2nd level issues and some 3rd
- Develop annual budget for the department
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Electrical Electronics Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in a relevant role.
- At least 5 years’ experience in an ISP environment deploying Microwave radio, VSAT Links and Wifi Solutions.
- Affiliation with 2 relevant professional bodies.
Competency, Skills & Certifications:
- Project Management Training (PMP)
- GVF 510 Certification
- CWNA Certification
- iDirect IOM (or similar training)
- MTCNA / CCNA - Cisco.
- Strong RF Technology Skills - Aviat, Dragon, Cambium, Mikrotik, Ubiquiti.
- VSAT technology Skills - iDirect Technologies.
- Leadership, Relationship & People Management
- Ensure all deployment are done within 7days.
- Ensure Quality of deployment meets 100% eStream standard.
- Ensure a weekly record of 99.9% of network availability.
- Ensure all 1st and 2nd level escalation are done within agreed SLA
- Ensure 20% cumulative quarterly cost savings on all deployment.
- The incumbent may be required to sit in cold (air conditioned) rooms for a long time.
- The incumbent may be required to travel out of station often.
- This position does not require any physically demanding task. However, the incumbent should be physically fit to withstand the mental demands.
- Team Lead, Service Deployment
- Regional Field Engineer
- Power Technician and Riggers
- Shift Engineers
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to e.Stream Networks (Nigeria) Limited career website on www.estreamnetworks.net to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.