Chemonics has been engaged by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, with the concurrence of USAID to leverage on the GHSC-PSM health supply chain project in Nigeria to provide warehousing and distribution services for Global Fund financed HIV and malaria health commodities in Nigeria. Currently managed by the Global Fund’s Principal Recipients (PRs) the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) and the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP), Chemonics will work closely with the Global Fund, the PRs, and as needed USAID, to transfer the warehousing and distribution services from the PRs to Chemonics, for steady-state implementation through December 2017.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The LMIS Technical Advisor will provide support by carrying out the duties and responsibilities outlined below:
- Review and document the “as-is” and develop the “to-be” business processes
- Evaluate and record the detailed user and functional requirements as well as technical architecture and design of the e-LMIS
- Advise on interoperability strategy and integration specifications
- Map out hardware and equipment requirements, and identify gaps
- Work with the Visibility Analytics Network (VAN) Project Management Unit (PMU) and Field Intelligence to develop a budget for system implementation, deployment, and maintenance
- Anticipate project risks and mitigate challenges, ensuring the successful delivery of the e-LMIS
- Build a detailed training plan for on-boarding users
- Develop a communication plan to ensure that stakeholders, users, and donors are informed of progress, challenges, and key milestones
- Work with NSCIP and VAN PMU to set up a help desk”
- Play a key role in developing the request for proposal (REP) to select a service provider that will identify system solutions and implement the system
- Work with system developers during the configuration phase to ensure that implementation deadlines are met
- Provide other needed technical support, including for VAN implementation, as necessary
- Foster an inclusive workplace environment that creates opportunities, serves others’ needs, builds trust, promotes innovation, and exceeds expectations
Job Qualifications, Skills and Competences
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the design, development, and maintenance of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems; experience in e-LMIS system development and working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAVISION preferred
- Technical expertise in the design of information systems, information technology, and control towers
- Knowledge of and experience working in the public health supply chain sector
- Eight or more years of experience in health-system strengthening, design, and reform in low- and middle-income countries; experience in Nigeria preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and build consensus
- Experience successfully working with multiple stakeholders at different levels of the public and private sectors to ensure timely project delivery
- Attention to detail and commitment to results
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- The LMIS Technical Advisor will report to the Global Fund Liaison.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
- This Short-Term position will be based in Abuja from the date of engagement through to December31, 2017.
Method of Application
- Please upload your CV/Resumes (Should detail the contact information for at least three professional references) by copying the link below to your browser and fill the application form
- Uploaded CV/Resume must clearly indicate your name and position title.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to Chemonics International career website on chemonics-ghsc-psm-nga.formstack.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.