Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion. creed or political affiliation.
Sokoto with regular travel to Abuja and to the projects and places where we intervene in emergencies.
- Support the HoM and Country Management Team (CMT) in the strategic guidance of the Nigeria mission
- Support the HoM through delegated managerial and representation responsibilities when requested
- Assist in the elaboration and maintenance of an active network of context and health-related contacts
- Assist in the elaboration of Nigeria Country Policy, project plans, advocacy strategy and other strategic documents
- Act as a liaison with Federal and State MoH (Ministry of Health) and other officials
- Experience/understanding of public health programs and epidemic response
- Experience in management ideally in large and/or complex structures
- Knowledge and experience in international policy and context analysis
- Experience in dealing with national authorities, national and International NGO'slUN bodies
- Strong negotiating and problem solving skills. patience, diplomacy and resilience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently
- Flexibility and ability to work on multiples tasks with shifting priorities
- Commitment to the aims and values of humanitarianism
- Willingness to work and live in Sokoto
Method of Application
Submit Application letter, latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) and photocopies of all necessary credentials with telephone contact details (daytime) in an envelope to one of the addresses below:
- In Abuja: Plot 62. 3rd Avenue, EFAB Estate, Kado I Life Camp. Abuja
- In Sokoto: No. 26 Agaie Road, Behind State CID, Sokoto
- In Anka, Zamfara State: Along Abare/New Bagega Road, Anka LGA, Zamfara State.
Or submit via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION of applications: August, 16th 2013