Career Opportunities At LAGBUS
Posted on: 8 August, 2013
Deadline: 22 August, 2013
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View Jobs posted same day
Challenging Career Opportunity in a well-established Urban Mass Transit Company in Lagos State. We are a leading provider of Urban Bus Mass Transit service. and seek an experienced profes-sional for immediate employment in a General Management position in Fleet Management.The successful candidate will provide leadership support to position the company at the forefront of the industry and work closely with the Managing Director in ensuring that the company's corporate objectives are achieved.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide direction, leadership and structure for the bus company's fleet operating units and their personnel.
- Coordinate the fleet operation of the company to agreed quality standards.
- Direct and coordinate activities of the bus company to provide passengers with fast. efficient and safe transportation while ensuring optimal bus availability
- Lead the fleet transformation of the company while preparing and monitoring the fleet budget to ensure financial prudence.
- Participate in developing overall policy and strategic plans.
- Recommend routing and scheduling in order to improve 'nice delivery.
- To implement programmes to ensure attainment of business plan for growth and profit within agreed budgets and timescales, primarily through the expansion of the bus route network.
- Be responsible for the attainment of defined operational goals, monitoring success and taking corrective action where necessary.
- A team builder with excellent people skills.
- Good understanding of urban transport management and in particular bus operations.
- Experience of working and coping in diverse environments. good understanding of personal coping mechanisms.
- Ability to maintain high standards of attention to details.
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the industry's concepts. practices and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- Possesses a wide degree of creativity
Eperience and Qualification:
- Not less than 15 years cognate experience in the bus operations industry with at least 5 years in top management position in a bus company with a tleet size of a minimum of 500 buses.
- Management experience in Maintenance Operations. Planning and engineering procurements.
- Candidate must have a good tertiary qualification in applied sciences with a preference for Auto Engineering.
Method of Application
To apply, please email your CV within 2 weeks to the address below stating a daytime phone number and address to email@example.com. All applications will be treated in strict confidence and only shortlisted candidates wil be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- ICT Officers at Fortune Global Shipping & Logistics Limited
- Female Business Development Executives at Connect Rail Services Limited (CRSL)
- Workshop Supervisors at Haulage and Logistics Nigeria Limited
- Fresh Jobs at Mas Global Express & Logistics
- Sourcing Analysts And Cost Controllers At Maersk Group - APM Terminals
- Fresh Jobs at Connect Rail Services Limited (CRSL)
- Experienced Drivers at a Logistics and Fleet Management Company - Synergy HR Solutions Limited
- Entry-Level Acccountants at Nationdelivery