GECHAAN is a reputable Non-Governmental Organization based in Taraba State; implementing a comprehensive HIV/AIDS prevention program as well as providing a comprehensive care and support for Vulnerable Children in partnership with different tiers of the Government of Nigeria - Federal, state and Local. In line with keeping up with the goals and objectives of the project, the need to feel a key position has emerged. We therefore require the services of a resourceful, experienced and dynamic professional for the following position:
Job Profile: The Director of Finance is a key personnel who is in-charge of all financial matters. He is to oversee the accounts department and all financial transactions of GECHAAN. Sends all necessary reports, makes all necessary financial requests from donor agencies, liquidates advances, request for reimbursement from donor agencies and ensures that all disbursed funds are properly accounted for by staff.
- The desired candidate:
- Should possess a minimum of BSc degree in Accountancy, Banking and Finance or Economics.
- Should be a Chartered Accountant with ICAN, ACA, ANAN or its equivalent
- Should have at least eight (8) years progressive experience, of which the last four (4) should be in managing the finances of a PEPFARlUSAID funded project.
- Should have proven experience working in a fast paced non-govemmental environment, and also with a variety of donors including; USAID, PEPFAR, DFID, Global Fund among others, with in-depth understanding of their reporting, systems and guidelines.
- Should have a demonstrable experience in Care and Support, Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS management programming.
- Must have in-depth experience in report writing, work plan/budget development.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office packages most especially Spreadsheet
- In addition, s/he will be building the capacity of other staff, volunteer organizations, partners and stakeholders.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and also be ready to work in difficult terrain.
- Experience in sub-granting will be an added advantage.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and manage all financial transactions and peocesses GECHAAN.
- Ensure that program work plan/budget is implemented as supposed.
- Approves or authorizes all payments, advances and liquiditions in accordance with Donor requirement/regulations.
- Reporting to Donor agency on timely basis.
- Ensure that donor agency financial guidelines are adhered to.
- Ensure that external audit is being conducted as at when due.
- Update the Director G n rind Ih rd of Ir ctors on the financial status of the organization.
Method of Application
Interested candidate should submit suitability statement and an updated CV to the Human Resource Manager at email@example.com not later than ten days from the day of publication. Only hortllsted candidates will be contacted and invited for interview.