Adexen is a global Human Ressources Company providing business services in Europe and Africa. We support companies in all industries in the fields of HR, Legal, Finance, Sales & Marketing, Engineering and Supply chain. We know how important people are to business. We also think that "People are the future of Africa" We understand what is needed to match highly skilled professionals with companies operating in Africa at highest standards.
Job Reference: 1292
Function: Commercial & Communication
- Develop best in class and cost effective marketing strategies, in liaison HQ and with partner agency.
- Deliver the same through excellent execution with the available resources, within the specified budgets and timelines, with a view to attain the volume, market share and brand KPI objectives.
- Prepare the Annual Operating Plans for the Marketing Function and obtain the business stakeholders approval.
- Plan and execute the Marketing Operations under strict Budgetary Controls and drive world class execution.
- Drive innovation agenda based on changing consumer trends.
- Provide periodic information to measure volume and share growth against the plan and pro-actively recommend revisions.
- Maintain market intelligence of competitor’s activities, their dealer, consumer and customer promotions, new launches and recommend line of action.
- Lead and develop marketing team to inspire excellent performance.
- Set clear targets and objectives and appraise periodically.
- Ensure high performers are rewarded & motivated.
- Prepare Performance Appraisal reports first line personnel reporting to the Marketing Manager
Advertising & Promotions:
- Develop disruptive through the line marketing campaigns that meets brand and business objectives.
- Manage and lead all partner agencies and suppliers to ensure excellence in delivery with cost effective pricing
- Ensure the company Advertising and Promotion Policy is adhered to.
- After corporate approval, implement in the most effective and cost beneficial manner achieving the strategic objectives.
- Determine the need, objectives and actions for both consumer and customer (pull and push) promotions and develop programs to achieve the said specific goals.
- Develop standards to ensure effective and measurable in store execution…
- Develop, shape and implement the brand’s digital marketing strategy.
- Lead the digital marketing for the organisation and develop activation plans to deliver against brand objectives.
- Define, influence, align and coordinate plans, whilst driving synergy and efficiency against the overall business objectives.
- Ensure broader marketing team and marketing agencies consider digital channel needs from the start of the idea development process.
- Orchestrate the digital media planning, buying and digital content launches for all brands.
- Deliver clear reviews of activity performance vs. plan and define future recommendations to optimise / improve digital performance.
- Full project, agency & budget management to deliver calendar on time & in full.
- Define common measurement approach including scorecards, tools for ROI & equity measurement and the relevant KPIs and benchmarks.
- Liaise with management team and agree on the Annual Research Plan.
- Maintain up to date research data for Total Market, Operating Area Markets and Budget Centres, by Total size, Market Share,or other segmentation as practical.
- Analyse ‘Distribution’ research indicating company’s growth/loss of Distribution by relevant Areas, Channels or Segments and share the findings with management and the Regional Heads of Sales.
- Undertake other Research briefs, i.e. Pricing effects, Perceptions (Brands & Corporate), Advertising, as considered desirable or necessary and recommend actions.
- Ensure that research data collected is accurately and speedily communicated to management, and that the costs of obtaining the research is on budget.
- Twelve (12) years experience in Sales and Marketing, with latter years at executive level of management within multi-national or other major company of substantial size and turnover.
- Hands on experience in Operational Marketing will be a distinct advantage.
Very attractive expatriate package.
go to method of application »
Job Reference: 1290
Function: Operations & Production
- The Factory Manager will be responsible for a very large plant operations to maximise efficiency and material yield with set framework of quality standards at optimal manpower and material cost and meet the production volume targets at all times. Responsible for the overall plant management in terms of operations, control and organisational structure.
- Plans, organises, directs, controls, and evaluates the operations of the plant to produce the products needed by sales. Ensures that the daily volume targets are met by production.
- Prepares the production schedules to ensure optimised production cost and reduced downtime. Set daily production mix levels and agree shift arrangements with the Production Manager to meet the daily requirements of Sales.
- Plans and implements the maintenance management system of the plant that will provide high reliability of operation of the machines. Prepares plant’s overhaul schedules without affecting production requirements.
- Ensures harmony and coordination in all manufacturing activities of the plant. Maintains the operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing the project, operational, and personnel policies and procedures to all the personnel to instil discipline among employees.
- Regularly reviews the operating results of the organisation, compares them to the established objectives, and takes steps to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to correct and improve unsatisfactory results.
- Ensures the implementation of the quality assurance programs of the company which includes environmental and safety.
- Dispenses advice, guidance, direction, and authorisation to carry out major plans and procedures, consistent with established policies and top management approval.
- Develops a system that will ensure optimal and efficient use of labour and resources such as labour productivity monitoring.
- Coordinates closely with HQ-Projects on implementing new projects such as new production lines and common facilities, rehabilitation of machines, overhauling projects, and new manufacturing plants.
- Plans and manages the plant's operational budget. This includes the variable cost budget, fixed controllable cost and fixed non-controllable costs to that the ensure product's costs are kept within reasonable prices.
- Plans and implements action plans designed to achieve the sets goals for the following year as part of the plants annual manufacturing plan.
- Analyses the plant’s budget requests for approval to identify the areas in which reductions can be made, and allocates the operating budget.
- Implements and cooperates with other departments with respect to new product launches and other tests.
- Maintains the staff's job results by coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning monitoring, and evaluating the job results.
- Ensures the training of employees on the use of the equipment and machineries in the production lines.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in performing production and engineering management in a food/beverage company.
- At least 5 years experience in a beverage/bottling company preferably as Engineering Manager, Factory Manager or Project Manager
- Very attractive expatriate package.
go to method of application »
Job Reference: 1289
Function: Commercial & Communication
- The position is responsible for creating sales strategies that will deliver market leadership, double digit growth with a strong strategic focus on execution.
- Working with other sales functions to create a sales structure of competent and motivated staff, stock management and primary distribution through the application of a lean organisation and lean processes.
The job responsibilities are to:
- Lead and manage a large team to ensure that the sales function meets the needs of the consumer, customer and organisation
- Communicate the unit sales and market development objectives to all Sales managers within the regions
- Promotions and incentives executed as per agreement and in accordance with strategy.
- Formulate regional plans with a strong emphasis on market execution using standard company reports.
- Primary distribution perfect orders
- Creating a lean structure, maximising staff output through objective and subjective measurements
- Monitor and analyse trends and plan for seasonal volume fluctuations
- Monitor expenses versus budget monthly
- Market visit to check the health of distributors and support team for operational and execution excellence
- Report competitive activities to the Sales & Marketing Director as and when it happens
- Weekly meeting with Trade development managers and Sales Manager
- Travel once per month to a region
- Provide market on job coaching to all Territory Development Managers and Marketing Managers within the unit to develop their skills and ensure they are properly equipped, trained and motivated to achieve their objectives
- Ensure proper roll out of best practice tools within the unit
- Assess the unit sales staffing and skill requirements. Develop plans to address short and long-term needs
- Achieve merchandising standards by target
- To ensure review of sales strategies for every sales/roll out plan to meet market demand and performance target per period
- To establish a system that efficiently monitor market trends, competitor activities and meets market variables
- To create a structure that ensures distributors are built and developed to meet volume and numeric targets by continually updating and reviewing the business objectives with them
- To ensure brand prominence through a 100% merchandising activity communicated with the relevant unit head
- To ensure that all operation activities are within the approved budget
- Sales forecast accuracy (provide forecasts for production)
- University degree - ideally with MBA/postgraduate qualification); or equivalent business experience
- 5 - 8 years sales management in FMCG with 3 years at senior level Experience in line management required
- Proven record of successful sales and operational planning, inclusive of strategy development and implementation of operational plans
- 3rd party management
- Experience of working in Nigeria or other African markets
- Experience of working to monthly , quarterly and annual targets across multiple channels and financial management
- Language: Fluency in English
Very attractive expatriate package.
go to method of application »
- Responsible and accountable for all line and staff activities within his Area which are required for effective manufacturing, sales and distribution of company products.
- Produce an Area Annual Sales and Marketing Plan in line with Corporate Objectives.
- Ensure professional Sales Outlet, Route and Area management skills are maintained in order to meet Sales Volume Forecasts and Target.
- Proactively monitor distribution centers to ensure efficient and adequate supply of finished goods and optimum deployment of transportation to facilitate distribution to customers.
- Ensure that all Advertising, Promotional and other Marketing programmes are implemented in accordance with the plan.
- Ensure that management systems are constantly reviewed to see that cash from sales are properly paid into the Company’s cashiers and that controls over cash and stocks at depots are regularly monitored.
- To make sure that the MIS of reporting sales is maintained.
- Prepare Performance Appraisal reports for those first line personnel who report direct.
- Produce an Annual Manufacturing Plan and Policy guidelines for the Area to drive the performance of key result areas of production activities and continually monitor the implementation.
- To make sure that adequate Plant Performance Tracking Systems include key performance indicators as agreed and highlighted in the Revenue Budget.
- Optimally make sure that manufacturing units improve on the standard efficiencies in terms of Machine efficiencies, material yields, labour and overhead costs versus budget.
- To ensure that quality standards are maintained at all times and do not suffer in the quest for cost optimization.
- Produce an Area Annual Fleet Maintenance Plan to include Revenue Operating Costs, Preventive Maintenance Programmes and key cost control and cost reduction strategies.
- Make sure that the Area Transport Chief Engineer gives maximum ‘Availability’ of the total Area Fleet of Trailers, Sales Vehicles and Fork lift Trucks is consistently in line with Budgeted Ratios.
- To make sure that the cost-effective management of vehicle service and repairs is consistent with budgeted levels of costs for each category of unit.
- That inventory levels and the mix of stocks of parts held in the area stores is consistent with everyday requirements to maintain vehicle availability, but not overstocked.
- Adequate guidelines on preventive and corrective maintenance programmes are in operation.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting returns on a period basis including performance to
- budget, cost factor/indications by vehicle, cases carried, cost per case etc.
- Plan and make sure that the implementation of Preventive Engineering Maintenance
- Schedules perform at efficient levels, in line with budgeted costs.
- Monitor the condition of technical and plant equipment, initiate where necessary the replacement of production machinery and ensure the availability of the correct spare parts.
- Whenever feasible review the production process and implement improvements.
- Effectively manage the spare parts inventory, maintain the stock levels indicated, held in Area stores and make sure the mix of stock values reflects ongoing demand.
Quality Assurance(Technical Services):
- That the implementation of Quality Control and assurance policies and programmes are in line with established standards and specifications.
- To ensure that the Quality Control personnel are adequately supported in establishing and adhering to the latest quality standards and specifications.
- Monitor materials usage at individual plants to make sure that any wastage and losses are minimal and not in excess of standards set.
- Follow up with the Technical Services Manager on adherence to Industrial Safety and hygiene regulations as laid down by management and external regulatory bodies.
- Inspect sites regularly and ensure among others good housekeeping and sanitation practices and maintenance of the highest standard in operating procedures.
- Degree in either Business Studies or Technical discipline.
- An MBA would be an advantage.
- 10 years in either a large company or conglomerate, preferably in a FMCG industry.
- Latterly in a senior management position.
- The ideal candidate should have a strong character with demonstrated marketing/selling, financial and technical or manufacturing experience in senior management grades.
- Sales and Marketing Management skills
- Manufacturing operations management skills
- Financial training and awareness skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong planning skills
- Good analytical abilities
- Organizational abilities
- Strong general management skills
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.