FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Job ID: 18616
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- FHI 360 is seeking a Human Resources Officer for Northeast Nigeria which is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity.
- FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- Provide operational support to implement effective functional Human Resources (HR) processes for FHI 360 Nigeria in team functional areas, including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, compensation, HRIS and training.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer FHI 360 Nigeria's rewards and benefit systems. This includes salaries and bonuses plus employee benefits, such as pensions, life assurance, and medical insurance packages.
- Manage the payroll system for the HR unit, including liaising with Finance unit to ensure timely and accurate remittance. Ensure service users are provided with accurate information at all times.
- Prepare personnel action records (PARS) for Finance action informing of any payroll additions and/or changes. These personnel actions include new hire, secondments, transfers, leavers and other amendments to salaries and employee data in compliance with policy and payroll requirements.
- Make out offer letters for vetting. Send out offer letters to candidates’ mail boxes/ surface addresses.
- Assist in the filing of documents appropriately into personnel files and subject files daily.
- Support the recruitment process with tasks such as preparing shortlists, scheduling of interviews and conducting reference checks.
- Coordinate new hire orientation and ensure all relevant documents are included on orientation package.
- Follow-up on timesheet and leave matters.
- Collect and collate required data/documentation for the health insurance scheme and group life insurance scheme.
- Follow-up on approvals for all HR documents such as signing of PARS, purchase requests etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 3 - 5 years of relevant experience. Or MS/MA degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent, and 1 - 3 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Experience of HR in the international development organization is an advantage.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
- Strong knowledge in salary structure and development, benefits and compensation, surveys/benchmarking and job evaluation systems.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Objectivity and the ability to apply HR rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to fhi 360 career website on jobs-fhi360.icims.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale