If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Health Alive Foundation (HAF) is a non-profit making, non-partisan, non-government organization (NGO) with headquarters in Ilorin, Kwara State. Since inception HAF has been initiating, promoting and implementing programmes to boost the socioeconomic status and enhancing the health indices of women, children, the physically challenged members of the society and Nigeria at large. We are seeking qualified candidates for the following position at the head office in Ilorin, Kwara State:
Reports to: Program Manager
Under the guidance and supervision of the Program Manager, the Program Officer will be responsible for supporting the implementation of strategic, impactful, and high-quality activities on the Global Fund supported Community Multi-Drugs Resistant Tuberculosis (MDR-TB) project. S/He will also be responsible for building a network of community TB services (referral and support of MDRTB patients, follow-up of patients on treatment, home-based care and other related services) and link them with the health facility based services.
- Collaborate with the State, LGAs and treatment Centers/health facility / community on MDR-TB teams including sub-sub recipients (SSRs) in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of project deliverables.
- Identify, establish partnerships with and build the capacity of FBOs, NGOs and CBOs to support delivery of quality integrated community TB/HIV&AIDS services.
- Design and coordinate the implementation of community level strategies that will improve the quality of life of MDR-TB patients.
- Provide support on advocacy, community mobilization, sensitization, policy, monitoring and communication to increase awareness, improve treatment-seeking behavior and case management amongst community members including MDR-TB patients
- Develop and implement strategies to leverage resources for associated services like income generating activities (IGAs), nutritional support, agriculture and livestock management, education etc. and link them with community structures.
- Identify the need, develop, coordinate and conduct in-service training / hands-on mentoring for community structures including the SSRs
- Strengthen advocacy strategies for MDR-TB patients care support among community, households, local and traditional leaders for improved project outcome and sustainability.
- Together with the State Tuberculosis Leprosy Control Officers (STBLCOs), actively participate in integrated supportive supervision on key activities on follow up investigations for ambulatory phase of treatment.
- Together with the project team, ensure functionality of SSRs (CBOs), MDR-TB Treatment Supporters and the support groups.
- Ensure relevant recording and reporting documents are available and adequately utilized.
- Work with the team to develop and update MDR-TB project tools such as Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), reporting template etc
- Perform other roles as may be assigned and represent HAF in all meetings with key stakeholders at the State and LGA levels
Qualifications and Skills
- Applicants should have a minimum of MBBS or a bachelor’s degree in medical or social sciences.
- MPH an advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in the design, implementation and management of community – level projects with main focus on HIV prevention, care and support, Malaria, Tuberculosis (susceptible and MDRTB).
- Project management, research coordination and reporting experience required.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Excellent English language, oral and written communication, use of MS office applications – Word, Excel and Outlook.
Method of Application
Please send Cvs and Cover Letter by clicking the apply now button