If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike. Creative Associates International has been working in Nigeria for more than a decade to support education programs in the north. Creative Associates International is partnering with the International Rescue Committee (IRC) on this project.
Project Summary: The North East Nigeria Transition to Development program (NENTAD) aims to deliver an effective response to the basic needs of vulnerable people impacted by the crisis in the north east of Nigeria. The Education in Emergencies component of NENTAD will focus on addressing immediate needs by providing education support to conflict affected children and adolescents, while contributing to the learning on what is needed to support early recovery and transition to development. In order to achieve this output, we will support up to two projects that include well-targeted, innovative, and results-oriented activities.
Position Summary: The Partnerships Manager will be responsible for providing managerial, administrative and technical support to all local partners and will work closely with two Education Officers specifically responsible for working with local partners. The Partnerships Manager is responsible for identifying and overseeing local partners to facilitate professional capacity building trainings, manage partner expectations for meetings, reporting, and project implementation, ensure effective communication, and increase collaboration between local partners and local government and communities. The position requires experience working with local partners to build capacity, improve collaboration with local government and personnel management.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position is housed in IRC’s Maiduguri office and reports to the Senior Consortium Coordination.
- Lead management of local partner organizations:
- Identification of new local partners (as needed)
- Design and lead capacity building training
- Review and strengthen local partner capacity to implement projects, manage funds, and write reports
· Increase collaboration amongst local partners to increase sharing of best practices
- Ensure technical coordination of state-level activities
- Work closely with Education Officers to manage support for local partners as needed to ensure the smooth implementation of project activities across technical areas.
- Ensure the timely production, coordination, and reporting of local partners
- Increase coordination between local partners and local government officials to support education
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in education or a related field
- At least five years of experience in the development sector, with at two three years of experience working on partnerships.
- The candidate must demonstrate relevant technical experience working on activities that are of a similar scope to this activity.
- The candidate is responsible for managing local partners, providing technical support to build their professional skills, and establishing strong relationships with local governments to facilitate better collaboration.
- The candidate must be professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English, Kanuri a plus but not required.
go to method of application »
- Provide technical leadership for one or several value chains in Nigeria.
- Advise on best practices for value chain development in the aforementioned value chains climate smart agriculture, post-harvest handling, processing, trade and enterprise development.
- Develops concepts, methodologies, guidelines and indicators for agricultural marketing and inclusive and sustainable agri-food value chain development;
- Facilitates relationships between value chain actors including smallholders, traders, financial institutions, buyers, processors and agribusiness.
General Requirements include:
- Degree in economics, business or one of the above stated technical fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, international experience with USAID or other international funders preferred.
- Good communication skills – both written and oral.
- Prior experience on USAID and/ international donor programs highly desirable.
- Strong English language skills required.
Method of Application
Use the email(s) below to apply.
- Partnerships Manager- North East Nigeria Transition to Development Program (NENTAD) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call For Resumes Value Chain Experts / Nigeria Agcompete - NigeriaAG@creativedc.com