Project Manager at Turbo Energy Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 15 June, 2017
Deadline: 30 June, 2017
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Turbo Energy Nigeria Limited
Turbo Energy Nigeria Limited was incorporated as an engineering & contracting company providing a broad range of engineering services and products to diverse industries including the power distribution, power transmission, power generation, telecommunications, petroleum & gas, and marine industries. Through the years, Turbo Energy has provided various services to different utilities.
- Project Managers ensure that a project is completed on time and within budget, that the project's objectives are met and that everyone else is doing their job properly.
- Projects are usually separate to usual day-to-day business activities and require a group of people to work together to achieve a set of specific objectives.
- Project managers oversee the project to ensure the desired result is achieved, the most efficient resources are used and the different interests involved are satisfied.
- Effectively allocate available resources and determine if additional resources will be required.
- Provide Project planning, Milestone management, Scope management, Resource forecasting; Financial Management; Change Management across the project portfolio.
- Track and report on project portfolio performance, providing a real-time, comprehensive, and prioritized view of all projects.
- Using IT systems to keep track of people and progress
- Identify and manage assignment dependencies.
- Identify potential crises, devise contingency plans.
- Adhere to operational procedures to ensure that the department runs smoothly.
- Manage financials: forecast vs. actual.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise team members and contractors. Influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned responsibilities. Take corrective action.
- Coordinating internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Manage team members and delegate tasks.
- Define and embed project control and governance.
- Establish and manage communication between Innovation Managers, unit team and project sponsors (management).
- Maintain processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete for all software development assignments.
- Manage and compile Program related financial and KPI information.
- Provide and maintain a capacity planning and resource tracking service across the Program.
- Ensure the appropriate program benefits are identified, quantified and their realization planned.
- Ensure cross-program dependencies are managed and the dependency log is accurately maintained.
- Establish frameworks and standards for Program and Project Management.
- Monitor Project overhead and capital expenses to ensure achievement of cost efficiency and acting to correct any adverse variances.
- Ensure overall cost control by monitoring all areas of Project expenditure and reporting on performance against variations.
- Great educational background of 2:1 Minimum for BSc. and/or MSc. in Project Management
- Proven working experience as a Project Manager in the Information Technology sector
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in Project Management software and its operations.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- PMP and/or any other project management certification is a plus
Key Skills Needed:
- Organizational skills
- IT Skills
- Analytical skills
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- Numeracy skills
- Commercial awareness
- Communication skills
- Team-working skills
- Ability to motivate people
- Management and leadership skills
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's and Covering Letter to: email@example.com with the Mail Subject as “Application for Project Manager”
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Turbo Energy Nigeria LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Engineering Jobs at Agrale Automated Services Limited
- Job Opportunities at Empee Engineering Consultants Limited
- HR/Admin Interns at Smartflow Technologies Limited
- Off-Grid Team Lead at Tetra Tech Nigeria
- Breakwater / Geotechnical Engineer (M/F) at Louis Berger
- Jobs at Coleman Technical Industries Limited (Coleman)
- Resident Construction Engineer at Louis Berger Nigeria
- Jobs at Balosh Integrated Services Limited